Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 36442 times)

sheila99

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 02:15:46 PM »

I'll have it as soon as I can because the alternative is worse. MIL (late 80s,heart condition) won't survive it and there's a fair chance OH and I won't either. I had pleurisy as a teenager which has left some damage to my lungs and presumably increases my risk. I might have other risk factors I don't know about yet (early stage cancer etc).

I wonder if there'll be some incentive to have it? Travel to foreign countries is an obvious one but pubs etc could impose restrictions too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2020, 03:07:17 PM »

They have already said that they won't have vaccine passports as there is not enough knowledge as to how long cover might last. 

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »

Hello ladies.

Anyone watching Dr John Campbell's YouTube videos will know this story.

It seems there was a lot of suspicion about the Polio vaccine when it was introduced in the USA in 1954. Two years later a  young man stepped forward and had the injection, an event that attracted a lot of publicity at the time. A year later the cases of Polio fell by 900 million saving the lives of many people and sparing others a lifetime of disability.
The young man's name was Elvis Presley.

I wonder how many of us would have died in childhood without our vaccinations?  I will certainly have the COVID jab when I can and so will my husband.

Take care ladies.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 10:48:07 PM »

Wow, that's a brilliant piece of information Kathleen. Who knew? 🤷‍♀️
What a brave man.

I'm having it too. I've got the faith. 😉

Sparrow

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 07:13:24 AM »

Wow, that's a brilliant piece of information Kathleen. Who knew? 🤷‍♀️
What a brave man.

I'm having it too. I've got the faith. 😉

Not sure faith is really appropriate, in matters of science and medicine.  ???  Okay for religion though.

I will bide my time.  Being in group 7 it will likely be months before my turn comes around.  Hopefully by then I will be more confident about the vaccine on offer.  Also any problems will be more apparent.  If there is any, that is.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »

Did I ready somewhere yesterday that the Australian trials are showing signs of HIV in volunteers?  :-\

Gnatty

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »

False positives, I believe?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »

Well, I have faith or 'trust' in the vaccine.  ;)
People were in this same situation years ago when polio and diphtheria ect...were around.
I'm with Kathleen, and seeing someone close to me nearly die, I'm damn sure we're having it. 👍🏼

Actually, my OH has his first one tomorrow.

Sparrow

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »

Well, I have faith or 'trust' in the vaccine.  ;)
People were in this same situation years ago when polio and diphtheria ect...were around.
I'm with Kathleen, and seeing someone close to me nearly die, I'm damn sure we're having it. 👍🏼

Oh, I am not anti-Vax, but I prefer to be cautious.  Having had a nasty reaction to a smallpox vaccine when I was 7, which made me seriously ill for 2 weeks, I need much more information.

We all have different personal experiences.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:23:19 AM by Shadyglade »

sheila99

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »

Might be better to stay off the US anti-vacc sites too. The UK antivaccs had a bit of setback when it was proved the MMR jab didn't cause autism and Andrew Wakefield was struck off. Shame about the children who suffered because of it.

I think they've abandoned trials of that vaccine in Australia. It shows that the trials are doing their job.

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2020, 10:38:23 PM »

I would’ve had it but I carry 2 epipens so will have to wait until a suitable one is available x

Sparrow

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

I would’ve had it but I carry 2 epipens so will have to wait until a suitable one is available x

Maybe the Oxford one Annie.  It works in a different way I believe, so perhaps more suitable.

Penguin99

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2020, 12:14:21 AM »

seeing someone close to me nearly die, I'm damn sure we're having it. 👍🏼

I know 5 people that have died from covid, the youngest was just 22 :'(
I still won't have it (yet), its just my own preference,  I just feel its far too soon.  The hospital told my husband to take these wonderful infusions for his health issues, and he would notice a massive difference,  well the side effects were horrendous,  thankfully he now has a steroid injection and no longer needs these awful things. It just shows how people react differently to medicines.
Hope your hubby got on OK with his

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »

My son is having his vaccine in a few days. He’s a paramedic int the USA. He said his boss had spent the day arguing with bosses behind desks, who were insisting they install medical fridges, which will take at least 6 weeks to get delivered. Meanwhile, thousands more people could die! The now recommended fridge is a Walmart one. As long as a fridge keeps the vaccines at the right temperature, then it shouldn’t matter in an emergency! It’s like saying we’re wait for a defibrillater instead of doing CPR! I’ve heard here that doctors are complaining the lack of necessary needles and the same old problem of not enough PPE.

Sparrow

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2020, 11:55:18 AM »

I think too many private providers Juju.  Many are just not up to scratch.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24