Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 36445 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
C-19 vaccines
« on: December 09, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »

The two NHS workers who had reactions have underlying health issues due to allergies, they both carry Epi-pens.  By vaccinating those that may be at higher risk means that more information will be gained.  However, those with known allergies are advised not to undergo C-19 vaccinations.

The lady that had her 1st jab yesterday has already been reunited with her family  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:39:04 PM »

My OH is booked in for his this Sunday.
We've to travel to Warwick for it, but it's not that far from us.

He also had his antibody test back today, and he DOES have antibodies.
They've been really quick getting the results back, he only did it Monday. 👍🏼

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

That's good.    As I woke this morning at 9.30 I did wonder if OH has had regular tests to C if he's negative for Covid prior to this jab and whether he will get tests after wards?  Is this the 2-in-1 - Sunday and then in 21 days? and what will be the protocol, can you mix straight away with others?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:21:45 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »

Many people who have known allergic reactions have been told to avoid C-19 jabs for the time being.

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:46:13 PM »

Just heard my son is to get it in the USA as he is a paramedic there. First in the line. Paramedics have less protection than those working in covid wards. Yesterday he had to transport a covid patient for an hour sitting in the back with him in a small ambulance. Trump didn’t authorise the purchase the recommended amount of vaccines for the USA. So now they are at the back of the queue.

I’m pleased for my daughter that she can have the covid vaccine, as she can’t have the normal flu vaccine because of an allergy of eggs. She’s on some ‘list’ for an egg free flu vaccine. She’s a front line worker with homeless people. Interestingly, none of the residents of the hostels have yet been infected, despite lifestyle.

I will carry on being careful even after vaccination, until they are sure it is long term effective. Not so difficult for me as I’m retired and live in the country. It will make me relax more visiting my Mum though.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »

Yes it's the first of two.
He's tested regular now for covid, and gets the results very quickly.
I must say, I'm well impressed with how quick they got the antibody test results to him.
Although it showed he was positive, it's still a matter of the guidelines, it's not a guarantee he wouldn't catch it again. Plus he has to wear full PPE at work anyway.
We don't go out much when at home , and his work place have asked ' to be careful where you go when not at work' . Obviously for the protection of the staff, as they don't want it being spread around again. It's hard now they've stopped agency staff working. So it's a matter of being sensible in what we do and where we go.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 03:18:32 PM »

Better to stop employing agency workers for now, as there is no way of finding out where they have been prior to each new job.  Do they isolate between each position I wonder?

Ju Ju - you must be relieved?  Hopefully the new US President will be more up2date?

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »

Yes I am. Maine was not too bad, but now numbers are rising. The hospital he operates out of has been designated as a vaccine hub. I don’t know if he will be involved in vaccinating people, but they are starting with first responders.

Penguin99

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »

I won't be having it, and my hubby doesn't want it either. I just don't feel ready for it. I personally don't feel there's been enough research, there's no saying what long term effects this has. There could be problems down the line. Look at when they said asbestos was safe ??? Its just my personal opinion. There was a poll on TV this morning and it asked who would want it and who wouldn't,  it was 57% & 43%. I can't remember which way round it was. Dr Hilary was mortified at the amount of people that didn't want it. But its personal preference and for me its a no no. I do understand why people want it and I'm not saying people shouldn't,  just for the time being, it won't be me.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 08:12:14 PM »

I'm having it as soon as I can. I'm fed up with living this half life. No gigs. No pub. No real meeting up with my sons. Fearful of everything and everyone so hopefully this will be a step along a long road to a bit more normal living.

The research usually takes a long time due to lack of funding rather than time from what a doctor friend explained to me but I'm not sure what to believe to be honest.

Taz x   :)

milly

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 08:17:00 PM »

I will have it because I don’t see an alternative. As far as I can see it’s have the vaccine or live like this for years... this isn’t going away.

Penguin99

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 08:55:38 PM »

I think that's part of the problem Taz, lack of understanding. For me, its too soon. I totally understand people wanting to get it ASAP. My children live with me so I'm very lucky they are here. I dont see a lot of my parents. My mum has cancer and she has said she doesn't want it, its a decision only she should make, no doubt her cancer doc will advise her to have it. I'm not a believer in telling people what to do, I believe you have the right to make your own choices. My dad is a bit " you should do this/that" and is very much "right" , sometimes I just agree as its easier but other times I will tell him.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 09:11:29 PM »

A lack of funding may be the initial cause of research, however, once it gets to the end result, B4 approval, there's then a rush to sell it to the highest bidder.  Until the Licence runs out when it comes to the market cheaper as more companies rush to produce it to the widest buyer.  Then NICE gets involved  ::)

It shows how quickly, when necessary, the World can get together to produce something that will work.  It will be refined as the years go by and as more vaccines come on stream.  There will be some that have side effects, which will hit the news, but that's the same with many medications anyway.  I hope that the opportunity to lodge any reactions will be more available . I've never been offered the yellow card for anything.

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 11:11:44 PM »

Throughout the history of vaccines, there has always been suspicion and mistrust and misinformation. But when you consider what vaccines can protect us from...... I remember people in callipers after polio and they were survivors. I was one of the first to receive that vaccine. And measles complications. I did have measles with no complications, but a friend had meningitis. Fortunately she survived. I listen to an excellent podcast called ‘This Podcast will kill you!’, which has an episode all about vaccines, before covid 19, in their back catalogue. Worth listening to.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 10:13:53 AM »

Jenner has a lot to answer for  :-* apparently the Museum is in dire straights due to no visitors this year  :-\:'(.  Even then there were people who were afraid of quackery, which it must have seemed to them. 

We had several children in school with polio [1955].  Whooping cough was the other killer, I stayed with 4 kids with that, the baby of 5 months literally shook from head to toe with each spasm.  I vaguely remember chicken pox due to the calamine lotion which itched: and measles, felt OK until I looked in the mirror - then I felt really ill.  We had parties in those days so that 'it' went round everyone.

What stands out is that some countries still suffer the above diseases.  Smallpox is all but eradicated so if C-19 can be taken under control B4 it mutates too much, it will help World Wide.

Don't feel guilty about waiting.  It's a personal decision which may improve as we learn more about how effective it might be etc..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24