Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 1198 times)

jchubb

• First Flush
New to HRT
« on: December 01, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »

Hi

After months of being treated for depression/anxiety/sickness where the tablets made me worse, I am now on HRT.  I can see an improvement, anxiety, sickness etc. have stopped, however first week of HRT I felt amazing, five weeks in I now feel flat, crying a lot and not wanting to go to work (I have been on a phased return).  Is this normal? 
I use to be the live and soul of our household, now I am just trying to live day to day without getting upset!

Julie

warwick01

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »

Hi

First of all I would say it's evident HRT is the correct treatment. Although you may need to tweak the HRT until you find one that suits you best.

I too was the life and soul of the party until meno hit me like a tone of bricks (it's not called the change for nothing) what your describing are common side effects and we are advised to give it 3 months to settle. How old are you and which HRT are you using??

Wx

jchubb

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »

Hi Wx

Thanks for your reply.  I am 51 and on the Evorel Sequi.

Julie

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »

Evorel contains Northisterne which is well known for causing low mood when on pregesteone phase. Keep a diary and see if you feel better on the 1st phase which is estrogeon only. If thats the cast you may need a change of progesterone or even a marena coil. That works well foe many women.

You will be fine once you find your sweet spot.....

Wx