Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice on estradiol gel and utrogestan please  (Read 2800 times)

lapwing123

• First Flush
Advice on estradiol gel and utrogestan please
« on: November 25, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »

I am 55 and started taking HRT two years ago, first using Evorel Sequi patches for 18 months then owing to difficulty in the supply asked my GP to prescribe estradiol gel and utrogestan as I'd heard that it was the best option. For the first 3 months it worked brilliantly and I was having regular bleeds but I am worried as I take the utrogestan from days 15-26 of the cycle and have experienced no bleed at all for the last two months. I also am not feeling as well and not sleeping very well, particularly when not taking the utrogestan. I am currently having 2 pumps of the gel. It would be pointless to go back to my GP as by his own admission he isn't particularly knowledgeable about the menopause but I am worried that I should be experiencing the bleed so wondered if anyone had a similar experience or any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:52:03 PM by lapwing123 »

yoga.girl47

Re: Advice on estradiol gel and utrogestan please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 12:14:36 AM »

Hello

Im sorry you have been having troubles.

Im also on Utrogestan.Im 48 and have been taking it alongside Sandrena for 6 months. Adjusted the dose of Utro as taking it the 15-26 days made me so ill so went back to 1-25 days. The only symptoms I have now is bloating on and off,wind and slow digestion(occasional no pooping-sry tmi!).

Im hoping as im adjusting to the new dose itll improve.

I dont want to try another hrt as this is the second type ive tried now. I can recommend Dr Louise Newson’s website.

Hope you feel better soon x

lapwing123

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 08:37:24 PM »

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate your comments and am going to try taking the progesterone every day so hopefully that works! Thanks again x

yoga.girl47

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:22:05 PM »

Hopefully crossed fingers. Its can get better and better over time. Just to confirm I take it days 1-25 via docs guidance x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »

I'm on gel and sequi utro too, late peri, I seem to bleed about 50% of the time. I don't know if I should worry, I've posted but had no reply. If you're concerned about your lining building up you can get a private scan for about £100. Are you taking the recommended 200mg for 12 days? If your symptoms are returning you might need more oestrogen. Insomnia was one of my symptoms. It made no difference to me on the utro phase though it may improve it for you, it was oestrogen that sorted it out.

DS68

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »

I am on the same but always dread the ustrogetan part as it makes me feel so awful. I didn't know I could take it days 1 to 25.  Does it have the same benefits? Should I get the docs approval first or is it something I can just try?

Thanks x

yoga.girl47

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:06 PM »

Hi DS68

Definitely run it past the doctor.Yes I was told by my doctor I can have 1-25 days.I also checked with the pharmacist and he said it was fine too for peri. Im more inclined to listen to them for sure.

It can take 6 months plus to feel
better.I tried the 15-26 days and felt so ill but on the 1-25 bit better. Just the odd bought of wind and constipation but it always eases. In time that will go too.

Think positive and you will be fine xx

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »

DS68 of you're meno there's no problem but if you're peri sequi is usually recommended so definitely speak to your gp. Some people use 100mg for 12 days but that needs to be done with medical supervision. The other option is a long cycle if you don't have a strong cycle of your own. If you don't follow recommendations it might be wise to arrange your own private scans.

DS68

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 10:15:59 PM »

Private scans ? For what?  I have my usual smear tests every few years. I've never had scan, should I have ?
Thanks x