Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: My coccyx agony  (Read 1314 times)

Penguin99

My coccyx agony
« on: November 28, 2020, 09:33:01 PM »

I'm still suffering with my horrendous coccyx pain. I finally saw consultant yesterday. I have to have an injection under general anaesthetic,  he said its the only way to do it as my coccyx needs manipulated and injection at the same time & its to painful to be awake. Tbh I'm quite glad I'll be put asleep. I just wish it would hurry up and be done. I've been taking codeine since my knee operation in September and it doesn't help it at all. I've had every anti inflammatory going and none have helped. I'm fed up of being in pain :(  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My coccyx agony
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 09:37:25 PM »

Of course you are there are a lot of nerves down there.  Do you sit on a cushion?

The best way is for a total general anaesthetic for any manipulation.  If a patient is awake they can move which may cause huge problems.  When asleep the body and associated parts are totally relaxed with no resistance. 

Did you get any idea when you might be admitted?  Was there any suggestion for pain relief?

Penguin99

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 09:49:34 PM »

I've tried all cushions, physio exercises, hot/cold therapy, all medications, tramadol etc, nothing helps :'( its so so painful, I almost cry most nights when I go to stand up. Consultant said he would prioritise my case as I'm in a lot of pain and had it for a long time, but no idea when it will be done. Hopefully I dont have to wait too long but I doubt it will be before Christmas.  I was in tears when I got in my car, my poor hubby didn't know what to do.  :'( :'(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:52:50 PM »

It's awful.  I had problems when I was about 13 and remember it well.  Could you be on a cancellation list, if a patient doesn't turn up for surgery? Might be worth while ringing the consultant's secretary to ask the question.  If the Hospitals isn't involved with C-19 patients I don't see there being a problem.

Penguin99

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »

The orthopaedics dept wasn't in the hospital, it was a separate building about half mile away, but I don't know if that's where its done?? I don't have secretary's number as I've not had a letter from him yet so no contact details, I only got the appointment letter and I know there's no number on there as I went to main hospital and thought I'd be late so I looked for number to ring on the letter so I could let them know. Once I get letter which goes to my gp I will have the details.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »

That's not very good, you mean a plain sheet of paper from you know now where ?!  You could google the Hospital?  You may be a while getting the next letter  :-\