Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Numb mouth  (Read 1797 times)

Tootsey11

Numb mouth
« on: November 24, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »

Has anyone had this?

I haven't been to the dentist, but my mouth is sore at the front and my lips feel as if I've just had an injection at the dentist. They have been feeling weird the last few days, and now this today.

I've read it can be hormonal, I'm just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Numb mouth
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:03:46 PM »

I have had this enough to remember now that you have jogged my memory.  Like I've had a dental injection.  But it doesn't get worse and I've never remembered to tell my dentist  ::)

If you bite gently, can you feel the lip?  If your mouth is sore, get some 'bonjela' which can help.  Also, what toothpaste are you using?

Tootsey11

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 10:06:34 PM »

I usually use colgate.

If I bite I can feel the bottom lip more, the top just slightly.

I'm pinching them to try and get the feeling back. Is it normal or nerves?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »

4 me it's normal.  I have 1 area L lower lip that feels 'numb' but isn't.  I can feel it.  There is a product in toothpaste that can cause burning mouth syndrome - SLS - I think.   :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »

I've had this mildly when I have eaten something I shouldn't, or a tingling.  Apparently swelling in sinuses squashes nerves or something.

Ibuprofen and fluids?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 07:24:47 AM »

Hi Tootsey. How long is it since you've had a dental check up? I think if this is a new symptom then you do need to book an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible explaining that you have changes in sensation in your mouth. I don't want to be alarmist but it is important to get anything like this checked out to rule out early signs of mouth cancer. Let us know how you get on.  :hug:

Taz x