Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179]

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 184832 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2670 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:31 AM »

Stay here, it's the time of year for doom and gloom  :-X.  I woke in panic earlier  :'(

It amazes me how many people are still picking this Virus up and how many are planning on not staying at home ..........

Katejo

« Reply #2671 on: December 23, 2020, 12:03:57 PM »

Not sure how accurate this is, but might be of interest.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I tried it and it gave me an estimation of April 2021 but I think it will be longer.

littleminnie

« Reply #2672 on: December 23, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »

I’m April too.   If the Oxford vaccine get the go ahead I think it will speed thing up quite a lot.

CLKD

« Reply #2673 on: December 23, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »

My sister is in the initial wave 4 this week but her's hasn't arrived.

They are suggesting to put the vaccine to a wider audience by giving 1 dose and not do the boosters.  I wonder if there is a difference in the make-up of the booster?

Penguin99

« Reply #2674 on: December 23, 2020, 08:32:49 PM »

Its a mess, it has a massive impact on mental health. My parents will be on their own for Xmas ( I know they're not the only ones) so it will be like a normal day for them. They are in a bubble with us, I have taken food shopping over and I take mum to her hospital appts,  she has cancer and is in palliative care, my dad is 86 & looks after her. She was in tears earlier now she can't come. We were never going to have the 3 household bubble but now we can't even have our bubble for Xmas. It doesn't make sense that I can take her to hospital but she can't have dinner with us. The rules are so confusing & contradicting for some.

CLKD

« Reply #2675 on: December 23, 2020, 08:49:02 PM »

If U R her main carer I think you are allowed 2 visit for the day?  Who is to know anyway? 

Penguin99

« Reply #2676 on: December 23, 2020, 10:04:47 PM »

Dad is her carer, I take shopping over to them and take mum to some of her hospital appts,  dad takes her to the others, safer than her getting in a taxi, but we can't have them to come over for dinner, its so wrong. I understand if we weren't each others bubble. Its so sad to see her upset. I know lots will have their families & break the rules, but I won't. 

suzysunday

« Reply #2677 on: December 24, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »

Really feel for you Penguin and understand you don't want to break the rules.  It makes me angry when people do, such as some where I live who have carried on regardless since March having family in and out.  So many are missing precious family time because they abide by what they are told while others just are so arrogant.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179]