Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which jobs will this open up for students?  (Read 3682 times)

Penguin

Re: Which jobs will this open up for students?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2023, 04:15:04 PM »

Yes, not sure hippified is an actual word but it seems to fit!
Oh well done Penguins mum. I was in my 30s in access of 16 year olds doing English Lit A level. Felt so old! Mind you a bit of life experience makes a difference to the class and debates.I cannot remember what subject the 98 chap did but he was full of enthusiasm to just learn all the time.

Go for it Penguin,  citizens advice is a valuable source for so many people. The right opportunity will come your way when the times are right, even if you need to nudge life a bit. You sound a very close family xx

Thank you Sarah xx
Just googled and hippified is now in the Urban Dictionary,  but is not yet a scrabble word 🤣

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2023, 06:21:37 PM »

Haha!

I can't believe how young I sound!!!!  There's me thinking I was talking rubbish again, but in fact I am still able to converse with the youth.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2023, 06:33:34 PM »

A friend of ours advocates for all types of situations usually when people don't have any1 to speak up for them.  He supports them in all types of issues, including helping to fill in forms, talking to prisoners B4 release and to patients prior to discharge from Hospital home or into further care.

I was hippified the first time around  ;D

« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 06:37:13 PM by CLKD »

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2023, 09:07:09 PM »

A friend of ours advocates for all types of situations usually when people don't have any1 to speak up for them.  He supports them in all types of issues, including helping to fill in forms, talking to prisoners B4 release and to patients prior to discharge from Hospital home or into further care.

I was hippified the first time around  ;D

That is exactly what I want to do!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 09:10:18 AM »

Morning - is it something done via The Open University or Citizens Advice .......  I wouldn't know where to begin  ::)

ElkWarning

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2023, 08:21:16 PM »

To answer your original question, as with any Masters it will open up jobs that require:
Demonstrable knowledge of extensive reading, or the capacity to read and understand non fiction texts
Collection and analysis of data
Ability to summarise complex ideas
Ability to explore and rationalise material outside of ordinary lived experience
Ability to write reports (essays) to deadline
Ability to demonstrate understanding of contingencies
Ability to respond to feedback
Etc, etc

getting_old

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2023, 09:14:43 PM »

Whilst it would be an interesting course I think that it would offer limited job opportunities, and personally I'd want to study something that would provide me with a lot of future opportunites with the cost of university these days. I think there should be more encouragement for people to study vocational courses, such as plumbing, as they seem to be in decline yet are so necessary.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2023, 08:09:55 AM »

getting_old - I agree!   I think this type of Degree Course is for the person who needs to keep brain and mind occupied at a 'later' age.

Interesting point about "Ability to write reports (essays) to deadline " - I found that once academics/scientists had access to laptops they could no longer plan a document from start to finish.  Years of copy typing from hand-written sheets where the author had to think ahead to avoid costly alterations, especially on 'Calls for Papers' and 'Abstracts' which were allowed a certain number of words and had to be fitted into specific grids ............  ::)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:12:04 AM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 [2]