Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Children in Need  (Read 2332 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Children in Need
« on: November 10, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »

I simply don't get it.  The Rickshaw Challenge were ready to go, having a great time.  Having been in various bubbles, one of the film crew tests positive on Monday morning - after 2 weeks of isolation.  Apparently.

What a shame for the young people who were looking forwards to cycling round Goodwood in Autumnal sunshine - I believe that they will be sent static bikes to perform their miles on but it isn't the same as having fun and support in real time.

CLKD

Re: Children in Need
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 10:06:42 PM »

Watching CinN DIY big build with Nick Knowles makes me wonder why there is so much need for 'safe spaces' for girls and women  :-\.  Is the UK so fractured that girls have no where to go?  What about school, are they so big that any bullying or isolation goes un-detected. 

In a school of 450 children from 11-15, our Head knew every child as well as their background: having taught the parents/grandparents!  I think peer groups were less likely to be bullies ........ because most came from similar family dynamics with parents on farm or factory work.  Also there wasn't as much to buy then, little TV advertising - now, it's 24/7 insisting that we all need to buy far more than we require.

There seems to be more children caring for parents - what's that about  :bang:  to me, that's a form of abuse. 

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 10:28:31 PM »

More nonsense CLKD, rickshaw challenge didn’t need to be cancelled x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 12:45:38 AM »

There seems to be more children caring for parents - what's that about  :bang:  to me, that's a form of abuse.

Because there's nobody else to do it?

Taz

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 09:28:49 AM »

Challenge went ahead this year but wasn't followed on The 1 Show .......... it was a small piece about each day, not showing all the struggles with weather etc..

Taz - where are Social Services etc - children should not be caring full time for parents/siblings in the 1st World  :-\