Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stomach problems  (Read 2033 times)

QueenofReds3

Stomach problems
« on: November 10, 2020, 10:42:04 AM »

Hello all.I was wondering if anyone can help? I had a barium swallow X-ray a week ago to look for any abnormalities as I started to have pain when swallowing food. Since after the procedure I have had a upset stomach with wind and diarrhoea and bad cramping. I spoke to the doctor when getting the results of the x ray which did not show anything but because I am still having slight pain wants me to go for a gastroscopy ( cannot wait!), anyway I mentioned the stomach issues and the doctor did not seem to concerned but I think she wanted to sort one problem at a time. Has anyone else had issues with their bowels after the barium? Or it could be a stomach bug. I am so fed up. I have lost 5 pounds in the last week.
Thank you in advance.
QOR. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stomach problems
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »

I would ring the Dept. and ask the question.  If this is 'within normal limits' and the scan hasn't shown up anything untoward, you may not require any more investigations.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 11:26:01 AM »

Thank you CLKD. I never thought about ringing the department themselves.😊.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:26:52 AM »

Years ago one would be given a sheet of pros and cons as 1 left the Dept.  Let us know?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »

My son has had barium swallows and the common side effect each time is constipation not diarrhoea so I wonder if you have picked up a tummy bug?

Taz x

QueenofReds3

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »

Thanks Taz
Cannot get through to the dept. That’s what I am starting to think. Just wish it would hurry up and go, took a Imodium just to stop cramps.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »

Hello
I just thought I would update. My stomach issues are finally in the mend. I think it was a bug. The X-ray dept seemed to think the barium would have the opposite effect so ruled that out.
Also the swallowing problem has also miraculously disappeared, was this connected?.. Very strange. I am now not sure seeing that the barium swallow did not show up anything whether I should have the endoscopy that the doctor wanted to do as a precaution. If I can avoid having the procedure then I will😩xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:54:06 AM »

Is there any rush?  If there's nil of note on the swallow? 

If you feel better I would Get On ;-) at least until the New Year.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 07:37:31 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 07:53:32 PM »

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?  It's easy to 4get especially at this time of year.  I often bump a part of me and think "I won't know where the bruise came from tomorrow"  ::)

QueenofReds3

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 08:02:31 AM »

Hi FrannyB.
That was me! I had six days of it. My stomach is still a little grumbly but I can go out without the panic!
CLKD. I need to look at my diet and keep a diary. I am very lazy when it comes to looking after myself and I have told my family I am going to give myself some TLC. I have 3 adults working from home her and it’s mum mum mum all the time. I love them but keep praying for them to go back to the office when safe😊xx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 08:15:56 AM »

Make a rota mayB.  Have that chat round the table with a cuppa ........... because you are home doesn't mean that you are available ;-).