Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1038 times)

Cangus74

• First Flush
New to this
« on: November 08, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »

Hello all!
I’ve just joined this forum, and I have a question..
I had a partial hysterectomy 10 years ago - they just took my womb away, but left everything else. I’m now 46, and since March 2020, have been having some odd symptoms that I think may be premenopausal..
Firstly, there’s my major anxiety relating to my health! I’m constantly googling symptoms like some deranged hypochondriac!! Secondly, I’ve been getting really sweaty feet and hands 3-4 times a week. Not had any hot flushes or night sweats yet, but I just wondered if anyone else is in my situation? You all speak of period’s stopping or being sporadic etc, but as I no longer have a womb, I’m unable to use this as a guide. Can anyone advise?? Thank you all so much for reading 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 05:10:20 PM »

:welcomemm:  I think that oestrogen levels drop anyway which can lead to The Change - does what it says on the tin  ::). Bet each symptom you get has been experienced by others.  Browse round.  Some find it useful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary.

Do read the threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy, forewarned etc.. 

I often think that my feet are cold but apparently to touch they feel 'normal'  ::).  We have threads on most things here.

Cangus74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »

Thank you for your reply  ::)

I’ll carry on looking through the forum and hopefully will come across some of the same symptoms.. this premenopausal malarkey is bizarre!
Thank you again x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »

Anxiety is a meno symptom though of course there are other causes. I'm not sure if your hands and feet count as a hot flush but I think they might. I didn't have 'normal' flushes, I sometimes got too hot if I had a hot drink of some other heat source. It was more of an overreaction than an abnormal response. At the time I  didn't think they were flushes but they went when I started hrt.