Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 2189 times)

Itwillpass

Sertraline
« on: November 08, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »

Hello ladies, I’m 46 in peri with a multitude of symptoms achy joints, exhaustion etc but the worse has been health anxiety, some days really struggling to function. Been on Evorel sequi for 6 weeks (previously tried femoston for 6 weeks awful) but my gp has added sertraline (50mg but I’m taking 25mg for the first week) now as anxiety is really flooding me. Today is my fourth day & I feel dreadful! Waking at 3/4am with dread & shaking all day long. I’ve read the first few days can be like this but need some reassurance if this will pass  :'(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:29:47 AM by Itwillpass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sertraline
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »

:bighug:   start up symptoms can be awful.  Cortisol the waking hormone can be a player in this as hormones wax and wane  >:(.  I had a chart: 1-5 five being when I had to take an anti anxiety medication.  0 being absolute calm.  I would put the numbers on the calendar to see how I was during the week.  It may pass if you can tolerate those feelings, do you work away from home?

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains, do you take 'nurofen' or similar? 

Itwillpass

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »

Thank you CLKD I knew I could count on you  :-* I’m determined to keep going as can’t possibly feel any worse! Some people say two weeks. Luckily I don’t work I’m a stay at home mum to 3 (age 10 upwards) there’s no way I could work feeling the way I do for the last few months. That’s a great idea of scoring each day, gosh I needed that big hug x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 11:26:36 AM »

What time of day are you taking it?
My daughter started Sertraline several weeks ago and the anxiety and sleep were worse the first few days.
The difference to her now is amazing, so am pleased she stuck with it.

Itwillpass

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 11:38:26 AM »

Hello Tinkerbell, I take it at bedtime about 9/10ish hopefully sleeping through some side effects. That’s very reassuring it’s helping your daughter  :) x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:00:51 PM »

Our GP suggested taking it in the morning to avoid the night time issues, so that is when she takes it.
I can’t believe the difference and she is only on 50 mcg, anxiety has completely gone, more positive and back to doing things that interested her, she is GCSE year so hoping GP will agree to her staying on them for a while.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 12:02:33 PM »

Stick with it and I hope it helps you.

Itwillpass

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 12:39:21 PM »

Thank you so much Tinkerbell, I’ve just gone down stairs & my legs are shaking & feel I need to lean against the wall! I wonder because i took one last night if I can take one now or wait till tomorrow morning x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »

I would wait ........... did U?  ::)

Itwillpass

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 01:55:26 PM »

I did......I’ll take it in the morning now  :)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 01:58:16 PM »

:foryou:  how are the thighs now?  Mine go immediately with acute anxiety  :-\ and then the calves .......

Itwillpass

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 03:05:17 PM »

A bit up & down  :'( sometimes feels like my whole body is trembling, but yes always worse in the legs. I’ve got absolutely no appetite either which causes more anxiety so forcing myself to eat but this is another side effect of sertraline, I’m already very petite so cannot afford to loose  weight, I’ve lost about 4kg since June not a lot I know but worry about everything! I’m pretty sure the weight loss is anxiety related, a viscous cycle x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 03:17:12 PM »

Graze?  Make a list of what you eat usually and pick items that you can pick at.  Mine are dried fruits and nuts; bananas; porridge; pancakes - the mix can keep in the fridge for 2/3 days; some can eat eggs but I can't tolerate them except in  :cake: :cupcake:  ;D.  Eat B4 you think your body needs to, i.e. little and often until the appetite picks up.

I haven't kept to meal times since 1991.  Used to annoy the In-laws hugely  ;D ...... I told them to treat me like they would do a diabetic ;-)

Itwillpass

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 04:13:02 PM »

Annoy the in-laws made me  ;D grazing is a great tip thank you, love nuts & bananas, just ate some flapjack, well forced it down! Lots of water too. I used to love eggs but they now upset tummy x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 05:14:17 PM »

What even in  :cake: :cupcake:  ..........

My in-laws would make arrangements for us to travel (2 hours at the least) for a meal at a set time then it would take hours B4 they sat down.   >:(.  I got so that I took my own food as I had to eat regularly or I would get ill and anxiety levels would rise .  A mix of cold meats with salad and a bun ........... because of the medication I was on at the time for iBS I ate at specific times, MinL didn't like it.  Much  ;D.  Once when they were supposed to light the  :bbq: at noon but his brother didn't arrive until 2.00  >:( I had eaten my salad and walked the  :scottie:.  MinL muttered to me "I wish that I had eaten when you did"  :-X
Pages: [1] 2