Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Time scale from Gel to patches  (Read 1008 times)

warwick01

Time scale from Gel to patches
« on: October 31, 2020, 10:41:21 AM »

Morning Ladies and happy Halloween ;D ;D

Just a quick question - I changed from Oestrogel gel to Elleste MX patch last Monday..... although still adding a squirt b4 bed until things settle. How long should it take for patches to work??? guessing 6 days is a bit soon??

Thanks Wx

sheila99

Re: Time scale from Gel to patches
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:25 AM »

They should work immediately as you were already on gel. When you start from nothing it's the time to get your oestrogen levels up but yours should already be up as you've been on gel.

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 11:58:10 AM »

Hi Sheila

I changed to patch from gel as I feel it has stopped working. Even when I increased didn't feel I was getting adequate control. Hoping a change may improve my symptoms.

Thank you
Wx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »

It depends on the symptoms. Flushes should go in a week or two, my insomnia and anxiety took 3 months. What symptoms are you trying to control?

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 01:41:14 PM »

Hi

For several months I have been suffering extreme sweating during the day, burning along with night sweats at night, insomnia, waking in a panic anytime from 1.00am then not sleeping. Loss of libido fatigue, adrenalin rush etc.

Was using 2 pumps of Oestrogel but when I tried increasing nothing happened apart from feeling more anxious. So decided to try patches. I am 61 GP no help as she keeps telling me I shouldn't need HRT now :(

Wx