Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston Cont not sure if I like or what to do  (Read 772 times)

KatyMc

• First Flush
Femoston Cont not sure if I like or what to do
« on: October 19, 2020, 10:57:46 AM »

Hello all. I moved from Femoston sequential to Femoston conti 1/5 in Aug. I'm 53 and started peri symptoms about 6 years ago: aching joints, crushing fatigue were the ones that got me most.

Anyway, I just don't feel right lately. Bloated, puffy, weight gain. my digestion isn't as good as it used to be, and I am now feeling paranoid about taking the tablets as I feel as though they're the cause as nothing else has changed re diet/excerise.

Was having a monthly bleed with the sequential; nothing since I changed, as expected I think.

Not sure what to do - have call booked with GP for later today. 

I don't honestly know what to do. I don't think i want to keep taking these tablets but don't know if there's a suitable alternative, and if so, what? Or should I take some time off to see where I am in the natural scheme of things. I'm working from home, not doing anything much for the next 6 months so it would be as good a time as any to manage.

Or what?

Any experiences or thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

JenniesCat

Re: Femoston Cont not sure if I like or what to do
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »

Hi Katy.
Didn’t want to see your post and not comment. I wrote a similar post about wobbles with Femo a little while ago but struggle to get my posts seen here.

I can’t advice on the the switching side of things. Hopefully someone else will.

But I have been on Femoston 1/10 sequential for 5 months as I had some of the same symptoms you experienced, the crushing fatigue, chronic tiredness, aches and pains etc.

Sometimes I love HRT -  it has made a real difference to my energy levels. Definitely a lot less tired, more energy. A lot less irritable!!

But other times, I feel as you do. Do I want to be on tablets long term? I worry about that.
And like you, I feel a bit heavier, worry about weight even though nothing really has changed in my diet/exercise. I find too, that symptoms can come and go on HRT. I’ve had nausea this month on it. Have no idea what that is about! So maybe that’s the same for your switch to continuous? Initial symptoms may just settle down as it takes a while for the body to adjust.

I hope your GP was helpful today at any rate.

KatyMc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:14:46 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I like to think it’s my own oestrogen levels throwing a last hurrah and it will settle. On the other hand, maybe the dose needs adjusting!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:00:34 PM »

Hi KatyMc - a lot of women have problems with the continuous progesterone when on the conti regime. Why were you changed over? Sometimes we are encouraged by the thought of no more bleeds but if this is the case there is no reason why you can't just change back to sequi. I changed back at the age of 57 as I had lots of bleeding on the conti plus I didn't feel good.

Taz x