Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gypsy curse  (Read 3032 times)

groundhog

Gypsy curse
« on: October 19, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »

I’m not superstitious but something came up on my Facebook memory last week which made my stomach churn a little.
It was 10 years ago and I had written how a gypsy had come to our door, this had never happened before. My husband answered the door and have her short shrift 🙄. I’d also written something like ‘ that’s it now probably cursed ‘.
The last 10 years have been awful starting with my mothers massive brain injury and her existence after, and how that affected all our lives massively,  then I lost my job after 25 years, my sister lost her job, my hysterectomy leaving me disabled with 3 stoma bags, the repair nearly killing me, my baby granddaughter getting meningitis, Pandemic, son in law getting Covid despite being the most cautious person ever.  Plus a few other things along the way which I can’t mention. Also, My surgical meno was totally ignored as I was too ill and now I’m seeing a psychologist for ptsd etc.

I really don’t want to think I’m cursed or il be jumping off a cliff !
Anyone else had years and years of problems ?  Or do you believe in gypsy curses ?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:02:10 AM by groundhog »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Gypsy curse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »

Ohhh Grounghog.
I'm so sorry for all these things that happened to you.
But I truly believe, these things are only real if you believe in them.
We've had nothing but bad luck here too, and most times I blame this house, saying that it hates us and wants us out, BUT in reality, it's just unfortunate events. I can get carried away with the whole supernatural theory, but I know deep down it's just events out of our control .   
We look for something to blame when things go bad, and maybe that's what's happened to you. 
xx

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 11:54:21 AM »

I completely agree with Jill,these things that have happened WOULD have happened anyway,it's just life,isn't it?
We've all had our fair share of horrible things happen and no gypsy in sight,deep breaths girl x

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 12:04:28 PM »

Oh GH, no I don’t believe in curses. Bad things happen. It just is. If cursing worked, then my BIL would have a lot of awful things happen to him!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 12:17:26 PM »

Nope.  Ghosts.  Yep.  Curses, nope.  Life is what we make it hopefully with plenty of support when necessary.

Sparrow

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »

Both my parents were superstitious, particularly my mum, but it all nonsense.

Look at it the other way round, at the good things that have happened.  Your grandchildren  and your survival of that horrible operation.

People that think themselves lucky focus on the positive things.  Life is a mixture.

Penguin99

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »

Things aren't great for us at the moment, the last few years have been really tough. We often say we 2ish thi gs could be how they were years ago. But I see some people worse off. We have our health issues but nothing too serious, thankfully  and I have a very strong marriage, so I tend to focus on that now. Although our luck seemed to change when we moved into our house and we do often say, its bloody cursed!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »

I walk under ladders without thinking about it  ::)

Penguin99

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 11:03:42 PM »

I walk under ladders too, when our loft ladder is down I walk under it to go in our bedroom but I do think I shouldn't really do that :o I do always salute one magpie and say " good morning Mr magpie  how are you & your family?"  It drives my sons mad. I only do it if there's one. I do sometimes think if I do something nice for someone, good things will happen, then it doesn't so j think sod it ;D

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

When I was in Drama Class I got my favourite role on Friday 13th October.  :-* I was really really good.

Ive had s*** happen throughout my Life but have never worried about being cursed. I do however have 2nd sight inherited from my paternal Gran and have seen ghosts.  Had Gypsies round the door selling lace with their patter but even if I didn't buy - still here.

I was told that depression was anger turned inwards - by a person who had never suffered.  Nope.  It's an illness.

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »

Thanks all.
I think as one of you lovely ladies said when things go wrong we look for answers. Yes if you turn it the other way I was very lucky to survive that op and be able to still eat and drink, most people can’t . Plus yes my granddaughters are such a blessing as is my family, well most of them lol.

I’ve been in such a bad place I look back and wish I could turn the clock back to better times but as my husband says, I was in a job I struggled with so much , and probably had less of a life than I have now as work took every ounce of energy.

Thank you all for putting it into perspective xx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 12:05:46 PM »

There are 3 really bad things that I've done: one when I was 15; the next in my mid-30s and later in 2002.   :'(

Otherwise I don't think I'm courting problems, they are of my own making.   

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »

When I was 11-ish my Dad was very ill, in Hospital for 3-4 months.  One night I had a busy dream about him being allowed home, the next day he was seen walking down the road by the School.  I rushed home at 3.30 to find him making a cuppa ........ I sobbed.  Shocked.  But not worried that I had foretold his discharge.  No 'phones in those days so he simply got on the bus with his case .........

My Grandma - his Mum - told a neighbour in the 1960s that she was pregnant almost B4 she knew herself.  It seems to have missed a generation  ;D

Also I often think about someone not seen for years++ and within 24 hours there's a letter or a 'phone call or they appear on the doorstep  8). It's never bothered me.

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 01:30:10 PM »

Hello ladies

My MIL was a superstitious woman and believed a fortune teller who read her palm and told her that she would live to eighty-five. What MIL didn't realise of course is that the fortune teller told everyone else exactly the same story . Incidentally my MIL died a few years ago aged ninety.

As a child I was afraid to walk under ladders but when I learned why this was supposed to bring bad luck I stopped worrying about it. Apparently a ladder leaning against a wall forms a triangle and represents the Holy Trinity of The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. By walking through the triangle you are breaking this trinity and bad luck will ensue. As I am an atheist I don't worry about such things and can  walk under ladders with impunity.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 04:06:15 PM »

For a few Centuries black cats were seen as Evil and burned at the stake ...........  :-* whereas I was told that black cats were Lucky  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3