Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Don’t feel like me!!  (Read 1625 times)

Wee Lorry

• First Flush
Don’t feel like me!!
« on: October 19, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »

Hi girls

I think I have started the menopause a few months ago, it is the not feeling joy anymore, my life is very happy but I can’t seem to be happy about that.  I’m not an angry person but get very angry about things like queues and silly things.  I phoned my drs this morning and was asked to call back in a week or two because they had a breakout of COVID 19 and there was no one there to help me and I just thought that was a get out! I wanted to talk to the dr about HRT and now I have to wait. My son has recently moved back home and came into the living room and asked if I wanted an ice cream, I said no thanks, he went back to his room and messaged his older sister and said mum is sad, I thought I’d just answered him but must have been bad for my son to notice, he is a very deep person and not normally sensitive. My husband is working for an agency doing off shore work, not worked since February, but went away on wed and will be back on Tuesday and I have to go get him and I’m not looking forward to the drive it is only a 20 min journey but I start to worry about the traffic where I can park to pick him up  and imagine accidents on the motorway, which I never used to worry about, I’m 53 by the way. When I tell my dr all these things do you think she will prescribe HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Don’t feel like me!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 12:20:47 PM »

Morning.  Your surgery should have referred you elsewhere.  I would ring again and ask for advice in the morning, they should by then have a plan in place. 

:welcomemm:

Some ladies find it useful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary.  To chart progress.  Something to discuss with your GP/Practice Nurse.  Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

20 mins isn't far unless we are worried, will you have time to plan ahead ?  If so get there a little earlier with a book and wait?  Let us know.

mandss

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »

WEE LORRY How are you feeling now. I read your story and thought it was about me!
This is the hardest thing I have ever done, because I have so many symptoms, some come and go others wax and wain. I hide so much from my family ( or try to. like you I have a son who seems to know my moods better than me).Let me know how you are doing x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 03:35:23 PM »

:welcomemm: mandss!

mandss

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 06:59:09 PM »

:thankyou: