Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Chronic anxiety  (Read 11851 times)

Beaniehat

Re: Chronic anxiety
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »

Hello, i know this is an old post so you may not get this, but i read your initial post and i could have written it myself.

I am 46, also had CBT and on sertraline but have had crippling anxiety since i was 40 (nothing before that at all).

Felt amazing mentally whilst i was pregnant with my son at 41.

I could swear its caused by hormones but i've never had any Dr do anything other than dole out AD's.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and let you know i'm in the same (rocky) boat!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2021, 12:22:49 PM »

Beaniehat - maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary ?  to chart the ups and downs.

If you have anxiety then you need to consider appropriate HRT which can ease symptoms.    Take the diary to your Nurse Practitioner after 3 months and discuss it with her and ask for appropriate HRT.  Some ladies need it along with appropriate anti-anxiety meds..  Let us know how you get on.

Popmummy

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »

Hello Beaniehat

I missed your post as I’d not checked for ages. I lost my mum in March so things have been pretty difficult.

Sorry you’re feeling the same. How are you now?

My symptoms are still the same and I am still considering HRT. I’ve paid for an email with Dr Currie so hoping that will help me decide. I guess if I try HRT for a few months and it works, I will have my answer.

Dandelion

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2021, 10:19:10 PM »

Not sure if it's meno related but since it started I get accosted by anxious thoughts on a morning when dozing if I wake too early to get up.
Sometimes these thoughts prompt me to check things and I discover real problems like things I should have done but forgot or never thought to.

KarineT

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »

When someone mentions 'I didn't have anxiety before peri so it's hormonal' makes me think that hormones only cause trouble in the menopause. This is not necessarily true becaause hormones can also be problematic during our reproductive years and cause this symptom. If a woman had anxiety before peri it does not necessarily mean that she has a psychological problem as it could well have been her hormones playing up.

KarineT

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2021, 02:43:45 PM »

If the anxiety is not due to a major anxiety disorder but is purely hormonal, can episodes occur on a daily basis?

racjen

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2021, 04:29:00 PM »

Yes, I don't see why not - we still have such a poor understanding of the way hormones work. My anxiety started in peri, so presumably my hormones were all over the place, in fact a single blood test said they were fine. But maybe somehow it resets the system so you're always in fight or flight mode.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]