Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bled twice this month femoston 2/10  (Read 685 times)

Julestoo

Bled twice this month femoston 2/10
« on: October 16, 2020, 04:22:09 AM »

I just started femoston 2/10 and I’m 45 and hadn’t had a period since May.

Took femoston 2/10 last month and no bleed then on 2nd pack started bleeding 10 days in so 10 of estrogen only tablets and I bled or it took 10 days after stopping progesterone estrogen tab to bleed?

Bled 5 days then stopped bleeding and started bleeding again before I finished packet so after 9 days and been bleeding 7 days.

I’m stopping the hrt to see if my symptoms come back as we weren’t sure if my ovaries were just suppressed.

How long do the symptoms come back if you stop hrt?

Hurdity

Re: Bled twice this month femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »

Hi Julestoo - I see your post got missed.

Sorry to hear about your erratic bleeding. I'm afraid this is part and parcel of being peri-menopausal and with HRT it just means that sometimes you will bleed at the "wrong" time. Eventually though once you get into a regular monthly pattern, and your own ovulations become very rare, then the bleeding should become more predictable.

As for your last question - how long is a piece of string?! There is no set answer. If you are someone that is going to get symptoms such as the classic sweats and flushes for several years, then these will eventually return after stopping HRT and you won't know how long they will go on for. For some women they eventually delcine and then only occur rarely and maybe for some lucky women they never return - if you have passed menopause.

If you;re still peri-menopausal and were getting flushes and sweats when you started HRT then they are likely to come back. When I stopped HRT 10 years ago - just for 3 months - they started creeping back and after 3 months opff HRT all my symptoms were back and worse and I have remained on HRT ever since even into my mid 60's.

HRT does not suppress ovulation - not at the strength of Femoston anyway.

Hope this helps? Let us know how you are feeling.

Hurdity x

mandss

Re: Bled twice this month femoston 2/10
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »

I have been on hrt tablets for two years now, and has a mirena coil fitted over a year ago.My bleeding did stop, but has now started again. I bleed for upto two weeks at a time. Not heavy or painful, but annoying. Before a bleed starts I have days where I am sweating all the time. Not hot flashes but a permanent all over body heat. When I take my temp it come back as lower than normal. This all stops when the bleeding starts.