Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New and frustrated  (Read 1453 times)

Sray

• First Flush
New and frustrated
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »

I just joined the website. I will be 51 in December and I am so overwhelmed with depression, anxiety, joint pain, and everything else that I don’t even know what to do. I got fired in April so that our new administrator could hire a friend of hers and it seems like that this made everything seem so much worse and I have Grand Mal seizures And cant drive so finding another job is difficult in this small town. No insurance is a huge stress. I sit all day most days because I dont have the desire to do anything. Does anyone know where I am coming from and have any advise?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and frustrated
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:35 AM »

You have a lot going on.  If your administrator did fire you etc. then you could speak to a Union Rep or Solicitor.  Someone can't be fired without warning, there is a Legal protocol.  Also one can't be made redundant if the job remains.  So unfair dismissal springs to mind.

You describe perimenopause symptoms.  Some find it helpful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary. 

Your first call should be to the GP nurse for a full blood count, including thyroid function and VitD levels.  Then review your CV and see what your skill base is, relevant to your seizures.  R these controlled?

:welcomemm:  most symptoms have been discussed, nowt is too much information!  Browse round.  Make notes.

marge

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 10:21:02 AM »

So sorry to hear you're having such a rough time Sray. Lots of help on this forum, you're not alone. Good advice from CLKD regarding your employment too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »

Certainly getting advice about unfair dismissal to put on the back burner so that your brain doesn't ruminate?  It would be expensive both financially and emotionally to pursue this but there mayB ways of bringing this situation forwards depending on the type of industry.

Is there a Union at the work place?  Regardless, anyone being sacked has to be given warnings during interview followed by letters and discussion.  Redudancy talks take 3-4 months ..... and the Company is obliged to offer CV advice and employ someone to give financial assistance.

Most companies have instant dismissal for sex in the workplace or passing information to oppositions ........

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 10:28:57 AM »

I just joined the website. I will be 51 in December and I am so overwhelmed with depression, anxiety, joint pain, and everything else that I don’t even know what to do. I got fired in April so that our new administrator could hire a friend of hers and it seems like that this made everything seem so much worse and I have Grand Mal seizures And cant drive so finding another job is difficult in this small town. No insurance is a huge stress. I sit all day most days because I dont have the desire to do anything. Does anyone know where I am coming from and have any advise?
  Did your firing have  anything to do with your epilepsy? It might be worth contacting Epilepsy Action if it did.  Even if it didn't, they might be able to help re. Your rights in finding new work without discrimination. Also does your home insurance include legal advice ?

Really sorry to hear your news.

Penguin99

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »

I could be wrong but my understanding is, if you want to go down the tribunal route for unfair dismissal you have 3 months less 1 day to apply from the date of dismissal.

Do you take anything to help you feel better? eg anti depressants? If not might be worth speaking to your gp for temporary help.
Hope you feel better soon  :bighug: