Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Scan today update : advice please  (Read 823 times)

pricey

Scan today update : advice please
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:49:59 AM »

Hi ladies, I managed to get there and had abdominal and TVS. The sonographer was lovely.  She said the endometrium was a little thicker but not abnormally so and as she'd expect with me bleeding. She couldn't see my ovaries but had no concerns as she would expect them to shrink and cysts/swellings would be apparent if a concern..Two small fibroids at the top of my uterus but she didnt anticipate them causing issues. I asked if she had any concerns, she said no, only that my endometrium looks "a bit wider near the cervix ". She said this could be because I'm bleeding but she would mention it on the report. Of course I'm worried now. Also curious as to "wider" as opposed to "thicker". Now my head is racing.and I'm.thinking the worst. Last time I had a scan my uterus was described as bulky but I have had 5 children and large babies at that.

Any advice or insights greatly appreciated.
X
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 08:56:12 AM by pricey »

Hurdity

Re: Scan today update : advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:29:36 AM »

Hi pricey - I see this post got missed - did you get an answer or reassurance on any other threads about this?

Hurdity x

pricey

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »

Hi Hurdity,  good to see you. Not specifically, no. But kind support. I'm very anxious.

X

C.C.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »

It's interesting that the sonographer was able to tell you about what they are seeing.  Here, they are not supposed to mention anything to the patient as they are scanning.  The doctor gets the results from the radiologist and then they contact the patient if anything is concerning.