Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogel to everol patch  (Read 1637 times)

Pink68

Estrogel to everol patch
« on: October 12, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »

Hi ladies I was wondering if any of you have been on estrogel then changed to everol patch? What kind of experience did you have did you feel better or worse. Have been on 2 pumps of estrogel for 7 weeks but do t feel any difference. Doc wants to change to everol 25 patch. Any advice would be great.
Thanks🙂

sheila99

Re: Estrogel to everol patch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »

I've only done it the other way round due to an allergic reaction and didn't notice much difference. Not sure why she is suggesting a lower dose though? I would have thought a higher dose of gel might me more appropriate. What are your symptoms? Some take longer than others. Flushes usually go within a few days but my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months.

Pink68

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »

Hi sheila 99, I was thinking that as well as that only 25mg patch. I am under Newson health so this was their recommendation . My symptoms were fatigue, sweats at night, joint pain , bit of soreness down below and anxiety. I was using gel on inner thighs but felt as though it wasn’t being absorbed as put on in morning and was still sticky at night! Now trying it on outside of arms to see if absorbsion any better. I am really feeling I don’t know what to do for the best. 😔

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »

Hi Pink68! Have you found Newson clinic helpful and was it there suggestion to use on outer arms? I am also a poor absorber!

Pink68

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »

Hi flan 727, hi yes they said try there might absorb better. What hrt are you on if you don’t mind me asking? X

Flan747

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 07:01:26 AM »

I am on Sandrena and have the Mirena coil! Really pleased with the coil have had no side effects just a bit of spotting which I will take for now! I read somewhere about applying to inner arms where the skin is thinner but I believe you use the outer upper arm is that correct?

Pink68

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »

Hi flan 747, yes on outer arms, have started utragesan today and feel really flat.x

Flan747

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »

Hi Pink68. That’s how I used to feel on Utrogestron. I tried it vaginally and although it was slightly better I just felt depressed on those days. See if it settles if not try the coil. It took over a year for me to Finally  go with it and I’m so glad I did. Now to get the estrogen right ?
Good luck

Pink68

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 08:59:13 PM »

Hi flan747, how long did you stick with the utrogestan ? Did you gel work right away for you? X

Flan747

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 05:22:43 AM »

I used the Utrogestron for about a year so gave it a good go. I was always so low in mood! Since having the coil my mood has not dipped (yet!) I noticed small changes after about 6 weeks on the gel! Nowhere near where I want to be but always grateful that I am making progress.

Paz23

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 06:23:14 AM »

My doctor said I should try hrt for 3 months as sometimes you need a build up before you notice an improvement - 7 weeks doesn’t seem very long. Also she said to try 2 pumps but if I don’t feel it’s working I can up the dose to 3 or 4 pumps, so perhaps you could try that?

Pink68

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 09:45:14 PM »

Thanks Paz 23, will give it 3 months. Just finishing the utrogestan part but have started spotting before I finished. Hopefully it all gets better. X

Paz23

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 07:58:38 AM »

Also I have a Mirena fitted, it wasn’t fun having one replaced but it means I don’t have to worry about the progesterone part of HRT, it almost completely stops any bleeding and because it’s localised it doesn’t enter your bloodstream to the same extent and so you get much less side effects (I don’t get any as far as I know).