Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: re. Serco app alert  (Read 4634 times)

Katejo

Re: re. Serco app alert
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »

Many were told a their work place but is is from the NHS.

NHS COVID-19 app
@NHSCOVID19app
·
Oct 1
Replying to
@thepassiongroup
Unless your #NHSCOVID19app is asking you to self-isolate, you don't need to take action. You may be referring to automated messages sent out by Google and Apple.

The app uses an algorithm to filter out false alarms based on distance and time.

Learn more: http://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us

Thanks for sending me this  :) No need to isolate now but it has given me a slightly stressful day and I made an emergency rota swap at work because I was supposed to go in next week.

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »

That's good. Panic over👌👍

Perinowpost

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »

I did answer Katejo but it didn’t post for some reason. I haven’t isolated either, I think we’d all be off every 2 minutes if we responded to every message and it just wouldn’t be sustainable. It would be interesting to know how I’ve come into contact with the virus though, though we never know do we!x

Katejo

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »

I did answer Katejo but it didn’t post for some reason. I haven’t isolated either, I think we’d all be off every 2 minutes if we responded to every message and it just wouldn’t be sustainable. It would be interesting to know how I’ve come into contact with the virus though, though we never know do we!x
    Did you just get the brief alert with no explanation (as shown above)? I think I would have to self isolate if I got an actual message asking me to.

Perinowpost

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 03:39:16 PM »

Yes I got the same as you with no explanation, it went off when you clicked on it. I’ve been watching myself for symptoms but haven’t had any, or not so far anyway x

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »

Yes I got the same as you with no explanation, it went off when you clicked on it. I’ve been watching myself for symptoms but haven’t had any, or not so far anyway x

That's good  :) but I really wish I had known about these auto alerts before today. I wonder how many others have wrongly thought that it was a genuine alert. I do actually have very mild cold symptoms today (may just be an allergic/hayfever reaction). I am going to take an antihistamine now to see if that clears it.

Another thing is that I should also set up a online supermarket account and test it out in case I suddenly need it. I have run out of some key fresh things today and my first thought this morning was that I had nothing much for lunch. I live so close to the supermarkets and I am only buying for myself so have always been unwilling to pay delivery  charges for small orders.

Two hoots

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 04:52:58 PM »

I had the same alert Saturday evening, but my sister has been confirmed with Covid today and I’ve a big red pulsating dot saying isolate for 9 days on the app now  :o

I only have a sniffy nose and did have a dull headache but otherwise I’m ok but I’ve been for a test today and I should know on Thursday, I’m hoping I have it because it would be a very mild case if I do.

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 06:10:07 PM »

I had the same alert Saturday evening, but my sister has been confirmed with Covid today and I’ve a big red pulsating dot saying isolate for 9 days on the app now  :o

I only have a sniffy nose and did have a dull headache but otherwise I’m ok but I’ve been for a test today and I should know on Thursday, I’m hoping I have it because it would be a very mild case if I do.
  Only for 9 days not 14?  When looking things up earlier, it said that those alerted via the app had to isolate for 14 days even if a test straight away  turns out to be negative because symptoms may take 14 days to develop.

Two hoots

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 07:04:46 PM »

No idea why its 9 days I’d only heard of 7 or 14 days but it says I have to isolate until 14 October at 23.59, a very precise time  ;D

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 07:47:28 PM »

No idea why its 9 days I’d only heard of 7 or 14 days but it says I have to isolate until 14 October at 23.59, a very precise time  ;D

After asking this question, I think I have found the answer. Have a read of this  https://www.wired.co.uk/article/nhs-covid-19-tracking-app-contact-tracing?fbclid=IwAR3irk4Q_xw3Wnp5k66-wfstQQnsJheWM9uFHlyOcHbgOGCAeYNchPlpS1Y

It says that they adjust the time that a person is told to remain in isolation in accordance with the closeness of contact with the person who tested positive (and some other factors).

Sparrow

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »

Katejo, just to say Waitrose do not charge for delivery.  Not sure what the minimum order is now, it was £60 but I think it went down.

Just checked, now £40.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »

Katejo, just to say Waitrose do not charge for delivery.  Not sure what the minimum order is now, it was £60 but I think it went down.

Just checked, now £40.
I don't have a Waitrose anywhere near me so I doubt they deliver in my area. The closest one to me is in Stratford.  I occasionally use that one or the one near Russell square but their food is more expensive.

Two hoots

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »

When I was in bed last night I was mulling over the days I needed to isolate and realised it started the day I met my sister, simple really, but it kept me wondering all day  :whist:

Katejo

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 04:06:59 PM »

Have you had your test result yet today ?  I got another of those mini alerts a few minutes ago, again without any further instructions so I will ignore it.

Two hoots

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 06:22:19 PM »

My mother and husband had a test at the same time because we all met my sister, both their tests have come back negative but I havent heard, If I dont hear by Saturday I will contact the phone number they gave to find out whats happened.

I keep checking my phone, its driving  me nuts  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3