Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi, I am Loonarider and scared to death of all these weird symptoms.  (Read 1972 times)

loonarider

Hi everyone,

So glad to finally sign up as I've always forgotten or been distracted for some reason.

I've been pretty much feeling strange for the past few years, but most recently have felt extremely fearful, those feelings of impdending doom that is talked about a lot here. I seriously have thought about what to do if I die. I had spoken to my partner about songs at my funeral the other day, it's mental! And this is all down to thinking I'm dying of something insidous and serious.

Most recently, it is feeling of not being able to breathe all day everyday, and as though my organs are squashing when I lay down on either side at night; so I'm left sleeping on my back, and now my back hurts, and I just cry. I sometimes just want to end my life as it'd be easier.

I have had recent check-ups and my vitals are normal. I cannot live like this.

Anyway, I'm sure this should be a separate thread as this is for introductions.

I hope to get to know you or some of you a bit better and learn something.

Kindest,

Loonarider ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi, I am Loonarider and scared to death of all these weird symptoms.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:41 PM »

You're in good company  ::)  :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful to chart progress.  MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

Do read the threads about bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).

I have difficulty in drawing breath occasionally.  Common prior to each period and went as soon as a period began. 

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 05:55:05 PM »

You're in good company  ::)  :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful to chart progress.  MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

Do read the threads about bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).

I have difficulty in drawing breath occasionally.  Common prior to each period and went as soon as a period began. 

Hi there CLKD,

Yes, I used to find that the breathing issues were a little more severe around my period, but t's usually most days now :( I will definitely have a search ont he forums, I feel so at home here already! And you;re right, I try to keep a journal, but need to be a bit more on top of things as haven't been jotting down anything for a while accept before a doctors appointment.

And that's a good idea picking the symptom that is most pressing and troublesome - it is deifnitely breathing issues and chest pressure.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:00:26 PM »

Hi Loonarider.
Glad you've found us.
No, no, don't end it, or else if you do, you'll not get to know us all will you? 😂
And that would be a shame, we're a great bunch on here, ask anything and we'll help if we can. 🙂
Don't worry, we're all in the same boat, we know how you feel, have a rant, sound off, come and have a laugh.
Tell us more about yourself, are you on HRT,? thinking about going on it? Or thinking of another route? Are you peri, or post menopause?
Sounds like your suffering from a little anxiety, I get like you, can't seem to take a deep breath when my anxiety is high. It's does settle down after a few days.

Ok, ask away, oh, and,  :welcomemm:

Jd xx

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »

Hi Loonarider.
Glad you've found us.
No, no, don't end it, or else if you do, you'll not get to know us all will you? 😂
And that would be a shame, we're a great bunch on here, ask anything and we'll help if we can. 🙂
Don't worry, we're all in the same boat, we know how you feel, have a rant, sound off, come and have a laugh.
Tell us more about yourself, are you on HRT,? thinking about going on it? Or thinking of another route? Are you peri, or post menopause?
Sounds like your suffering from a little anxiety, I get like you, can't seem to take a deep breath when my anxiety is high. It's does settle down after a few days.

Ok, ask away, oh, and,  :welcomemm:

Jd xx

Hi Jillydoll,

Sorry, that was quite morbid talking about not wanting to live, though  its so hard living! No, not on HRT, though I'm having my hormone levels checked this week and hopefully I'll prescribed something. I'll take anything right now that would help.

I would say I'm defnitely peri as I only really noticed weird symtpoms come and go over the past 3 years (I am 43). Most recently, symtpoms have been turned up a notch.

While the breathing issues have been going on for a while now, it's the nighttime pains that scare me the most.

I don't even know where to start in terms of what kind of HRT. I'd first need to know what my hormones levels are I guess, and I'll update everyone as soon as I find out. :)

Thanks for saying hi :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »

Nah, not morbid, I've been there. Thinking I'd  be better off dead. Even wrote my sons letters because I was convinced I had some  kind of disease and was going to die. All those different feelings and sensations surging through our bodies, palpitations, pains, headaches, ect...so I knew what you meant.
But you'll get through it. Although not to dress it up, it is hard.
I'm 55, and five years post meno now. Im on hrt.
Have a scout around, find out as much as you can, most doctors are reluctant to give out hrt, but some are quite good and understand, all depends what your doc is like.
But the more info your armed with, helps.
Keep going, your doing great. And keep posting, someone's always on to help.
Good luck.
Jd x

loonarider

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 05:25:58 PM »

Nah, not morbid, I've been there. Thinking I'd  be better off dead. Even wrote my sons letters because I was convinced I had some  kind of disease and was going to die. All those different feelings and sensations surging through our bodies, palpitations, pains, headaches, ect...so I knew what you meant.
But you'll get through it. Although not to dress it up, it is hard.
I'm 55, and five years post meno now. Im on hrt.
Have a scout around, find out as much as you can, most doctors are reluctant to give out hrt, but some are quite good and understand, all depends what your doc is like.
But the more info your armed with, helps.
Keep going, your doing great. And keep posting, someone's always on to help.
Good luck.
Jd x

Thanks Jillydoll,

It's great not to feel alone in this.

As it happens I was at the GP today to talk about my persistent cough and most importantly the issues with my breathing as mention in my OP. Lovely lady doctor #(finally) who seems to "get it". After poking around, she said there is nothing to day I have any insidious disease or health issues that warrant further look at. She said, and as much as she didn't want to say it, it could be anxiety induced by fluctuating hormones.

It was a breath of fresh air to hear a doctor actually voice what I've theorised in my head for way too long. So, she prescribed me setraline starting on a low dose - she said to give that a go for 6 months and see how I feel. She said also look into 'sequential combined' hrt? Don't have a clue what that means, but I'm so glad she is willing to look at hrt as an option. So all in all a more productive appointment than past ones. :)

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 05:29:05 PM »

My doc also said that there isn't any point in having my hormone levels checked as I'm still getting periods and she will make a diagngosis based on the peri symptoms I'm experiencing. I too felt like a blood test would've been a waste of time.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 06:06:28 PM »

Hormones rise and fall all the while.  My Gynae works on symptoms ;-).  Have I suggested keeping a mood/food/symptom diary?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »

Oh well done. Hope your minds been settled a bit now.
Isn't it great when you see a doctor and they actually get it. 🥳
The sequential hrt will give you a bleed every month. As your in peri still. But will help with your declining hormones.
Hope the ADs help, some take them for anxiety,........so good luck. Let us know how your getting on.
Xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »

Hope you're not as scared now?

loonarider

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 03:00:38 PM »

Definitelt feeling less scared, a relief in fact. Thank you x

loonarider

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »

Hormones rise and fall all the while.  My Gynae works on symptoms ;-).  Have I suggested keeping a mood/food/symptom diary?

I think you did suggest the above, and I will certainly keep track. I try to, but I am terrilbe with it.  :-X

loonarider

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »

Oh well done. Hope your minds been settled a bit now.
Isn't it great when you see a doctor and they actually get it. 🥳
The sequential hrt will give you a bleed every month. As your in peri still. But will help with your declining hormones.
Hope the ADs help, some take them for anxiety,........so good luck. Let us know how your getting on.
Xx

It is definitely settled. yes, she's an awesome doc, and I feel comfortable knowing she's well-versed with regards to womens hormonal issues and menopause. She was talking about puberty how, while it is also a challenge, it doesn't compare to peri/menopause. Like too right! I'd go through puberty again 10 fold instead of this if given the opportunity! LOL

Thanks for shedding light on sequential hrt, doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks, and will keep you updated! x

bluebird68

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 12:19:56 PM »

Hey, I know about all those feelings only too well. impending doom, unable to get comfortable on my side so lay on my back, my body doesnt feel like my own and over sensitive to smells and just all over the place, worst than pmt.  so for me Im looking at HRT as I dont want to live my life feeling so awful and how impacts my mind and others around me.  I too have thought I dont have long but my bloods and other invasive tests and shown nothing serious.  no one could have prepared me for this.   i take one moment at a time and I pray you get some good advice on this forum, lots of knowlegeable people on this site.  take care Helen