Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan daytime drowsiness  (Read 1205 times)

CarolynT

• First Flush
Utrogestan daytime drowsiness
« on: October 03, 2020, 06:22:37 AM »

HI everyone, my first post here.  I'm 55, my periods stopped when I was 49.  I have managed my menopausal symptoms without HRT until my sleep just disappeared.  I'm now taking Utrogestan 100mg orally at night, and this combined with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia, is enabling me to sleep again.  However I'm really struggling to wake up during the day, just feel drowsy all the time.  Does this go?  Or am I stuck with it?

Grheliz1

Re: Utrogestan daytime drowsiness
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 10:02:20 AM »

I had the same problem and switched, on my doctor's advice, to alternate nights vaginal Utrogestan. Same dose of 100mg. It stopped the sedated daytime feeling but still helps me sleep at night.

CarolynT

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »

Hi Grheliz1, thanks for your reply.  How long did you have drowsiness before you switched?  And do you use the same pills vaginally, or is there a vaginal version?  Thanks!

CarolynT

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »

Thanks Avalon. I’ll have a go.

Cinders61

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »

I only take menopace no hrt at moment I'm nearly 60 just started menopause but I'm so tired all time and glands keep swelling please tell me it gets better!!

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »

I only take menopace no hrt at moment I'm nearly 60 just started menopause but I'm so tired all time and glands keep swelling please tell me it gets better!!
As your glands swell perhaps you have a bug that's causing your tiredness. I'd be inclined to see your gp if it doesn't resolve soon.

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »

I agree with Sheila, swollen glands and fatigue are more likely to be related to a low grade virus or infection of sorts than to the HRT.