Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blood Pressure Readings  (Read 1489 times)

Maxwin

Blood Pressure Readings
« on: September 30, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »

I have been told I need a prescription review for my HRT.  A doctor/nurse will phone me next week, I need to e mail before this blood pressure readings done at home.  I have borrowed a machine from a friend.  Should I take just one reading once a day for 2/3 days?  Or maybe 2/3 readings spread out the day.  I did ask at Lloyds Chemist if they could take it for me as not sure if the machine is accurate but they said not offering this service.  Thanks for any help.

Joaniepat

Re: Blood Pressure Readings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 05:34:19 PM »

The usual procedure is to do a morning and evening reading each day for 7 days. I appreciate you may not be able to do a week's worth though!
JP x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 07:15:09 PM »

Yep,agree with JP my OH had to do it that way too

Maxwin

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 08:24:04 PM »

Many thanks will get 5 days readings in before phone call.

Uptick

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »

Hi Maxwin, these portable machines are a bit inaccurate but there's a way to decrease error by taking 3 consecutive measurements and considering the average reading. Some machines automatically calculate the average of the last 50 or more readings. Which one is yours? I take 3 consecutive readings in the morning, 3 in the evening and 3 at night before going to bed, in a total of 9 readings a day. My machine stores 50 readings and gives me the average reading, which currently is 128/80, pulse 81, although I have some very high readings(167/100) and some low ones (97/65), but the average reading is pretty good.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:06:46 AM »

Very true uptick,maybe take 3 readings twice a day,my OHs. Could be really high on the first,then normal on the second .......reassuring they're so accurate isn't it?  ;D

Uptick

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »

Hi jaypo, it's not just the machines that are inaccurate, our old bodies like to play tricks too  ::) ;D

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »

Haha I've given up on mine  ;D

Uptick

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »

Nah... I love my old body  ;D