Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bad bloating...worried sick after googling!  (Read 1397 times)

Justjules

Bad bloating...worried sick after googling!
« on: September 28, 2020, 01:50:53 PM »

Hi ladies. Looking for someone to calm me down a bit....Gone down a rabbit hole googling bloating, which I’ve always suffered from (IBS) but it’s really bad at the moment, tummy is quite flatish lying down, but I am carrying at least a stone of weight that needs to go, I’ve so much stress and hard life issues going on at the moment and been eating loads of carbs, sugary stuff etc, to keep my flagging energy levels up so I know that’s making it worse.  When I lie down, my tummy is all wobbly and soft but on standing, it feels hard and stuffed and uncomfortable.  Read about a condition called Acetis, fluid on the abdomen, caused by liver or ovarian cancer...it said that if you press hard in the middle of tummy, if it ‘waves’ to the other side it’s a bad sign....so I’ve been lying down trying to do it but is does just feel all soft....  I tried not to eat after my porridge this morning but then I got the bad shakes before so had to grab some food quick, not the right stuff either.

Just wondered if anyone else has bloating this bad and I know you’ll all say go to the Drs but I’m terrified, especially if means I’ll end up in hospital alone...😭.  What have I started....argh!! 

Justjules

Re: Bad bloating...worried sick after googling!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 04:11:39 PM »

Sparkle, my tummy is never nice and flat and hasn’t been for about 20 years! It is flat in a morning when I wake up but as soon as I’ve even had my morning cuppa, it goes on the rise. I have put at least half a stone on during Covid which makes me feel even more uncomfortable  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »

Is it weight gain?  My apron dropped several years ago due to loss of elasticity because of lack of oestrogen.  I haven't put on much weight though.

I have slow transit  >:( and sometimes by mid-afternoon feel bloated ........ I never think to consult Dr Google as this usually eases after 24 hours. 

Justjules

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »

Yes, there’s been weight gain but it goes so tight and bloated that it’s so uncomfortable I need to lie down, which is how I’ve spent most of today  :(

Sparkle, I definitely need to cut the carbs as they are the majority of my diet at the moment.  Can’t help panicking though when it feels and looks so bad.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 09:07:49 PM »

Years ago I would be OK until mid-afternoon then I would have to drive home with skirt undone! feeling very queasy.  I couldn't even drink a cuppa when I got back.  IBS was diagnosed - slow transit is my main problem .  I have found that a deep bath eases it as I can then gently manipulate my belly until the wind lets go. 

Justjules

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »

Yes, used to get like that at work CLKD! Couldn’t wait to get out of the office and into the car. I’m not as gassy with it anymore thankfully but yes, a bath or hot water bottle helps.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 04:54:02 PM »

I think I wasn't eating properly in those days and was sitting a lot.  But it was every day ...... and sooooo uncomfortable.