Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sandrena dose, anxiety and migraines  (Read 1365 times)

Samantha Jayne

• First Flush
Sandrena dose, anxiety and migraines
« on: September 21, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been reading these posts for months and want to say a big thank you for all the advice I’ve collected. 
This is my first post and I’ve got a few questions...
I have been on Sandrena gel 1mg for nearly two years.  I have never increased the dose but feel I might need to.   I tend to put it on before bed to keep the night sweats away. 
I have always been a Migraine sufferer but things got much better after using the Gel.  Just recently tho after a bit of a stressful time the Migraines are back with a vengeance.  Most days I get the Aura sometimes followed by banging head for 6 hours or so then it eases away.  (Thank god for painkillers!) Together with this my I’m getting a fair bit of anxiety I’ve now resorted to taking Kalms.
I’m wondering if it is worth increasing my dose or taking the Gel in the mornings to stop the Migraines and the anxiety which seems to be controlling my life at the mo.  As is usual at the moment I’ve got no hope of seeing a doctor.   I have thought about increasing my dose to see if it helps.  I feel like I’m going nuts !  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks in advance
Sam

Jane50

Re: Sandrena dose, anxiety and migraines
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »

Hi Sam
I'm not on Sandrena but I use oestrogel. Like you I gave up hope of speaking to anyone (or waiting months to) , so I just increased the dose and touch wood it does seem to have helped. I figured that's what they'd probably say anyway if my symptoms were back... You can always reduce back down again if you need to. So difficult isn't it as no one really ever has a definitive answer. Are you in peri?

x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »

I agree, in your shoes I would increase the dose. It is supposed to last 24 hours but you could try either taking it in the morning or splitting the dose. The thing I really like about gel is that you can adjust the dose until you find the optimum dose for you. I've recently I creased mine as I was getting a return of symptoms too.

Samantha Jayne

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »

Hi Thank you for your advice.  I’ve now increased my dose to one and a half sachets a day.  Seems to have really helped.  No migraines for nearly a week.  Anxiety is easing too.

Thanks again
Sam