Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Reflux? Support gratefully received.  (Read 6354 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reflux? Support gratefully received.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »

:rofl:  think cod liver oil and rose hip syrup? or worse.  :-\

My gut always rolls after my mid-afternoon cuppa .......... I think that's when my wind problems and reflux threaten to begin.  I can't burp .....

Lynda07

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 03:59:43 PM »

Ah ok, thanks Taz2. I've gone for Blessed.

Jaypo, oh no is it really that bad - oh well at least I'm forewarned now.

Oh CLKD you're making it sound lovely - not - lol. I hope you are ok this afternoon?

I took the first dose of Peptac today. That is a huge step for me as I have an absolute phobia about medication which can be very unhelpful. I live to tell the tale ;) I think I do feel a little better already, still got post nasal drip type symptoms but my stomach doesn't feel as raw. Had a few moments when I feel I keep needed to swallow but can't but - that does go away when I don't think about it.

I still wish I knew what was causing it though.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »

Lack of oestrogen probably.

jaypo

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »

Lynda,I have drunk coffee for years and have discovered just recently it is the culprit for my reflux,do you drink it?
 MY CBD tasted like I was chewing cigarettes 🤮 ;D

Foxylady

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 07:23:28 PM »

Hi Lynda07, another thing that might be worth you looking into/trying is probiotics. I have been taking them now for a few years after years of reflux & IBS was on Omeprazole then Ranitadine, umpteen boxes of Rennies, Gaviscon and buscopan later probiotics & improved diet has generally made things so much better. That said I did have a bad spell for 2 weeks there out of the blue but the rest of my peri symptoms also went a bit out of control & bleeding irratically etc it has now settled again. I also love Inverness & Invernessshire, many happy memories there. x

jaypo

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:47 AM »

Same here foxy,started taking that Yeo yogurt with the probiotic in,seemed to help my reflux too but also had a bit of a blip few weeks ago but think it's just a shift in hormones tbh the nausea was awful but apparently a lot of women have the same,which is reassuring,god bless this site and the wonderful women on it  :)

Lynda07

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 04:40:52 PM »

Thank you once again for all of this support, it has helped me so much this week.

CLKD, yes probably is that.

Jaypo, I'm not a coffee drinker at all, I  do drink wine and I am guessing that's going to have to come off my list :( And  could not agree more, god bless this site! Re the CBD - it sounds delicious lol - I guess you have taken it with medication such as the Peptac I am taking? I could't see anything to tell me I shouldn't. I

Thankyou Sparkle, I appreciate that.

Foxylady - strange you should say that as I ordered some probiotics which came this week. What changes did you make to your diet? Keeping my food diary tells me what I knew - I eat too much bread. A lot of eggs too. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad spell.

And yes, Inverness/shire - it's just lovely. We went out for the day today and Autumn is starting to show her colours.

Once again - thank you!! PS - had two lots of heart palpitations today, I am really hoping this is not yet another thing for me to worry about.

Have a lovley evening all of you xx

jaypo

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »

Oh nooooo wine  ;D me too and I'm determined I'm not giving up my one last pleasure in life.
Palpations are just another meno symptom   :-\ but get it checked if you're worried

Lynda07

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 05:36:33 PM »

Does that mean you still drink wine Jaypo? I know it’s not ideal but it’s my one treat, that one hour or so at night where I can relax and later sleep well.

Thank you for that, I’m hoping they were one offs but it’s reassuring to know they are meno symptoms too.

56, no period for 5 ish years - time for this to end soon hopefully!

jaypo

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSS I still drink wine  ;D only two glasses on a Friday and two on a Saturday but you're right,it's lovely to sit down at the end of the week,put a film on and have a nice glass of wine . I've had palpations for years now,kind of just ignore them now but I have had a few ecg's over the years,always best to get it checked

Foxylady

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »

Lynda07, diet changes just doing what we should all be doing really - being better at eating a healthy varied diet. Worked shifts previously which made it really difficult re eating a balanced diet. Also started the 5:2 diet (800 calories for 2 days) a few years ago, lost over 2 stone & recently have taken to doing alot of cycling. The idea was really to reduce my weight & get fitter to try and reduce my peri symptoms. I had to give up the alcohol, tried various forms but the flushing starts instantly, not worth it for me! x

jaypo

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »

Come on foxy,us Scottish lasses are tougher than that, me drinking my wine🥵🍷 😂

Foxylady

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »

:rofl: :drunklaf: :cancan:

jaypo

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2020, 04:07:14 PM »

How you doing foxy?

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

It doesn't seem to be what I eat but when  :-\.

Also my first cuppa at breakfast tastes wonderful but by mid-afternoon it's foul  :-X so I tend to drink Coke.  Have tried various types of orange drinks without success.  Fizzy water occasionally when really hot weather.  This afternoon's cuppa has given me wind  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4