Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Reflux? Support gratefully received.  (Read 6352 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reflux? Support gratefully received.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 02:53:27 PM »

Fortunately the reflux didn't erupt last night, as I was later to bed anyway.

Lynda07

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »

CLKD - I'm very pleased to hear that, you must have been relieved too :)

Sparkle, don't we just. MIne has got worse and worse. We moved to the Highlands from England, my absolute dream and it's passing me by because I don't have any room in my head for anything nice, just constant anxiety. I've done the same as you and wasted so much time worrying about things that haven't happened. I tell myself I won't have "what if" worries but it's impossible for me :(

Lynda07

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »

Actually Sparkle it is, I feel very alone with mine at times and just knowing someone understands helps. x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »

I try now to take 10 mins every day to simply B.  In the lovely weather our garden has been a benefit.  In the same way as a view would help or being by the sea.  But I have always been a fast eater  :-\ = hiccups when younger, indigestion and in more recent years, reflux  >:(.  I can't burp either ......... if ever I do it makes me jump  :o  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 07:22:24 AM »

Sound like me also Lynda,wonderful life, I mean really great but sometimes anxiety ruins everything, I had really bad reflux,well,still do sometimes,got the GERD lump in my throat,then dreadful nausea,which in turn brought on the anxiety,after having all the blood tests come back negative, I could feel the anxiety leave,slowly but surely,yet the nausea was still there but I now know this is all reflux related,I've cut coffee out now,it was definitely the culprit and I've upped my water intake,I really do feel better,I've drunk coffee all my adult life,so not quite sure why my stomach has decided to dislike it so much🤷‍♀️Lump in throat gone completely and gut overall really improved  :)
Roughly where in the highlands? Stunning there

Lynda07

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 01:18:20 PM »

I eat fast too CLKD although I'm trying not to now.

Jaypo, sorry to hear that you have suffered too - with the physical symptoms and anxiety. I felt a bit more positive yesterday but now, with a bit of indigstion (which millions of people probably have right now but it's all new to me) I can feel panic taking over again, I'm googling which is silly as it's just adding more fear. I'll be glad to speak to my GP next week.

If I'm not careful I'll be looking back on my life thinking I worried through it all :(

I'm about 30 miles north of Inverness, a dream come true move - I imagined I'd be out in the hills daily, exploring, loving life (I have two collies and love nature and photography). As it happens I'm even worried about driving now (I used to drive all over the UK in my job at BT when I was younger and now a trip to Home Bargains is like a major expedition) -my husband loves the same things as me and drives all over but I just wish I could get that overall confidence back and go oout on my own occasionally. I really don't know where the old me has gone :( Sorry, I'm going on a bit now lol.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 02:33:49 PM »

You can take control by not googling.  Unless it's an NHS web-site.

I thought that I would never drive alone but I started by going on small trips.  I could if I had to but we travel everywhere together  ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:50:18 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »

Oh you're so lucky,Inverness-shire is my all time favourite place,Aberdeen gal originally but many holidays in Drumnadrochit,Spean bridge and fort William.
Yep,keep away from dr Google,coz the first word you see will be the C word,like clkd says,stick with the nhs site. When health anxiety takes over,nobody can tell you,no matter what,you have some horrific illness,I know I always do,then when the anxiety goes,I think,geeze,what a time I've wasted panicking but it is what it is.Good luck at the dr,let us know how it goes xx

Lynda07

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 05:39:56 PM »

We are the same CLKD so I don’t have to drive so I don’t, 99% of the time.

Jaypo, Aberdeenshire is lovely too. We are very lucky to be where we are as we are Nottingham born and bred.

I’m going to make a real effort to stay off Google, I will wait and see what my GP says. Thank you again for replying.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 05:41:12 PM »

Oh use google for fun stuff ;-).  I read the BBC News sites and enjoy the photographs and snippets i.e. the alpaca that enjoys football  ;)

Lynda07

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 07:17:51 PM »

I think that’s a much better idea for Google CLKD.

Also bit the bullet and ordered some CBD oil. For anxiety not the digestion issues x

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 07:38:00 PM »

Hope you got the high strength one Lynda,it does take a while to work,like most things,have you tried the rescue remedy?

Lynda07

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »

Hi. I’m starting on 500mg, the company recommended that. I guess I can’t name them but they are highly rated, organic etc. Never tried it before but a close friend is getting good results. Thanks for telling me that (takes while to work) as I didn’t realise. I will move up a strength most likely, eventually.

I do have rescue remedy but feel I need something a bit stronger. My next step, given my fear of medication (or should I say side effects of medication) is taking the CBD oil but I will, I so want to feel better or just a bit better would help.

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 11:42:54 PM »

You can name the product but you can't post a link to it if the site includes an online shop/buy now facility.

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2020, 08:36:31 AM »

Is it the drops on the tongue? Be prepared for disgusting  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4