Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reflux? Support gratefully received.  (Read 1209 times)

Taz2

Re: Reflux? Support gratefully received.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 07:12:00 AM »

Is yours a sliding one like mine Sparkle?

Taz x

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 07:23:11 AM »

Yes it is Taz, 2cm apparently.

Lynda07

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 11:00:22 AM »

Thanks again ladies. I was eating chicken and pasta for tea and when I had finished, realised I could feel it slowly making it's way down, it really bothered me. Sounds like your rice experience CLKD.

I'm my own worst enemy as my health anxiety is just out of control and I'm sure the stress is doing me no favours at all.

Cherry SG, thanks for that and I'm pleased to hear it healed for you (and that it can heal).

Sparkle, I seem to be ok swallowing in general although every so often (and I've had this for years) I get a very distrurbing sensation as if my throat has frozen and forgetten how to swallow, I have no idea what that is but after 10 years it's still there but pretty rare (thankfully). I have Peptac which I know I have to try at some point if I could only get over my irrational fear of all medication. Honestly, I feel as if I am scared of everything these days :(

Thank you all again. xx

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »

Meat and bread are the most difficult things to swallow and meat takes a while to digest so I often avoid meat now as I can feel it sitting in my stomach and guaranteed to still be there at bedtime even if I've eaten at 7pm.  I often have home made soup for my evening meal, I can't eat big meals anymore.

I know that frozen feeling you mean Lynda, I've had that too.  Think it's linked to anxiety. It's almost like the more I think about it the more likely it is to go wrong!  Bloody health anxiety 🤬

Lynda07

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »

Sparkle, I don't want you to have that feeling but feel so reassured by what you said, I've never been able to find out what it is or ever spoken to anyone who has it. Mine came on whilst on holiday years ago and appears just out of the blue so I can never prepare for it. That said, if I think about it it will occasionally happen so you're spot on with the anxiety link.

I think I'm going to have to have a lighter meal for my last meal - do as much as I can to help myself I guess x

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »

Lynda, it's always reassuring when you hear of someone else who's experienced the same thing.  The ENT consultant did emphasise just how much of an effect anxiety can have.  I can distinctly remember being aware of my throat and swallowing one particular evening when I was in my early 30's.  My anxiety was at an all time high (just for a change) and I wasn't even eating at the time!  Have you tried any mindfulness apps?  I use  Calm especially in bed, which I find helpful.  Anything to slow the breathing down and to stop the shallow breathing that I'm so good at 🙄

Lynda07

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »

It is Sparkle - it can feel quite lonely otherwise can't it. It's also reassuring for me to hear that your ENT consultant said that - I've had anxiety (and OCD) from being a child. Even in my early 20's I had health anxiety. I don't know why, it is just how I have always been. I do listen to some of the Calm stories and also - for me - I discovered ASMR - sounds  that soothe me. (Lots of YouTube). My breathing is the same as yours too. It's so difficult isn't it.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 02:53:27 PM »

Fortunately the reflux didn't erupt last night, as I was later to bed anyway.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »

It is Sparkle - it can feel quite lonely otherwise can't it. It's also reassuring for me to hear that your ENT consultant said that - I've had anxiety (and OCD) from being a child. Even in my early 20's I had health anxiety. I don't know why, it is just how I have always been. I do listen to some of the Calm stories and also - for me - I discovered ASMR - sounds  that soothe me. (Lots of YouTube). My breathing is the same as yours too. It's so difficult isn't it.
You sound just like me Lynda, anxiety since childhood and health anxiety that's just got worse the older I've got.  It's exhausting isn't it and when I think how much time I've wasted worrying about things that haven't happened I could scream.  Think my brain needs a reset 😁.

Lynda07

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »

CLKD - I'm very pleased to hear that, you must have been relieved too :)

Sparkle, don't we just. MIne has got worse and worse. We moved to the Highlands from England, my absolute dream and it's passing me by because I don't have any room in my head for anything nice, just constant anxiety. I've done the same as you and wasted so much time worrying about things that haven't happened. I tell myself I won't have "what if" worries but it's impossible for me :(

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »

I know it's not much consolation Lynda but I understand completely.  I'm my own worst enemy and it drives me nuts!

Lynda07

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »

Actually Sparkle it is, I feel very alone with mine at times and just knowing someone understands helps. x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »

I try now to take 10 mins every day to simply B.  In the lovely weather our garden has been a benefit.  In the same way as a view would help or being by the sea.  But I have always been a fast eater  :-\ = hiccups when younger, indigestion and in more recent years, reflux  >:(.  I can't burp either ......... if ever I do it makes me jump  :o  ;D
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2020, 07:01:25 PM »

I'm pleased to hear that Lynda 😊

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2020, 07:22:24 AM »

Sound like me also Lynda,wonderful life, I mean really great but sometimes anxiety ruins everything, I had really bad reflux,well,still do sometimes,got the GERD lump in my throat,then dreadful nausea,which in turn brought on the anxiety,after having all the blood tests come back negative, I could feel the anxiety leave,slowly but surely,yet the nausea was still there but I now know this is all reflux related,I've cut coffee out now,it was definitely the culprit and I've upped my water intake,I really do feel better,I've drunk coffee all my adult life,so not quite sure why my stomach has decided to dislike it so much🤷‍♀️Lump in throat gone completely and gut overall really improved  :)
Roughly where in the highlands? Stunning there
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5