Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: ORAL TABLETS  (Read 1229 times)

Cassie

ORAL TABLETS
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:17:10 AM »

Good day lovely ladies, I was hoping someone may be able to advise.
The Dr has put my daughter onto the oral contraceptive tablet, Yazmin to treat her skin.
She is having fairly bad side effects, such as hot flushing and palpitations, she had this before which was one of the reasons she stopped the Yazmin. She also suffers from SVT which is a very fast heart rate and the Yazmin seems to be making it worse. I remember when I was on an oral contraceptive it also gave me nasties, so I got thinking, if us older ladies can get bio identical HRT such as the rub on gels, Utrogestan etc, surely they also come in a similiar bio identical form for oral contraception. The pharmacist I asked was completely clueless! Hurdity would you perhaps know as you are so clued up on these sort of things.  ;D It would be great to have a name of a tablet that has worked well for younger ladies that she can go back to her Dr and ask for a script for something that is a bit more friendly, so to speak.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ORAL TABLETS
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 04:44:32 PM »

I thought that long-term antiboitic treatment is usual for acne etc.? 

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »

That too CLKD but they tend to treat it with hormone tablets as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »

I found that if any medication gave me side-effects it simply wasn't worth my trying to continue  :-\.  If this regime seems to be exacerbating symptoms, ? back to the GP for a referral to a Consultant ?