Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 1308 times)

tuiteth

• First Flush
Mirena Coil
« on: September 14, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »

Hi all,
Looking for some help please.  I got my 3rd Mirena fitted on 19th August. I had problems getting it fitted by GP so had to go to hospital and get it under local anesthetic. I've had cramps and discharge every day since, & then on Saturday I got a full on period & am bleeding ever since. I haven't had a proper period in over 10 years. I am wondering because of the gap in between getting the 2nd mirena out and the 3rd one in (2 or 3 month gap) is this the reason for a period? my mood is low too. I have been told by my Menopause doc that its completely normal but she switched me from the oestrogel pump to the patches to see if I'd feel better. Any advice greatly appreciated  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »

Sorry that you haven't had a response.  MayB put the 'Mirena coil' into the search box to see what pops up?

Penguin99

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »

Hi, i have a mirena coil. I've not had a big gap like you have but I remember once, a mirena was fitted and doctor noticed it was broken so took it back out again, she didn't have anymore and said it would be too much to have it fitted same day anyway, so I needed to go back. It was a while ago so I don't remember a great deal (apart from the pain that day :'( ) I don't recall bleeding much as im sure  I would have remembered. Can you ring the hospital department that did it and speak to a nurse? These are funny things, sometimes I'd have minor aches/cramps & sometimes quite bad ones after fitting.