Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Endocrinology  (Read 2848 times)

Baby

Endocrinology
« on: August 29, 2020, 10:19:38 PM »

Help me ladies f you can. I have a telephone appointment withan endocrinologist in two weeks because my hormones are so f.....d up. Despite trying various HRT. Nothing works my anxiety and panic is so bad at times I just want to die. I am absolutely shattered all the time and ache all over yet another day I feel like I could do anything like the other day I felt great cooked a three course meal for eight people. The next day I didn't stop crying all day.i have about two days a week I feel good the rest crap. It is literalliy driving me out of my mind. I have no endorphins. I don't feel joy,  For instance I have joined a gym to try and help wth the anxiety or pass the time till I can go back to bed. Anyway you now when you are on the treadmill and pushing yourself and see yourself improving you get like an endorphin rush at the end nothing just sweaty and fla. Anyway I am crap on the phone, always have been so what can I say question wise to help me. By the way I was borderline hypo with thyroid and am on 25mg thyroxine. Doc says there is nothing wrong with my level now. :(i

AG

Re: Endocrinology
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear the way you are feeling, and hope you will get some good advice from endocrinologist. Are you still in peri menopause or post menopause stage already? I have also been having borderline hypo thyroid issue when peri menopause started and not everyone feels fine with e.g. TSH level just below 4. For thyroid function it is also relevant which levels T3, T4 are at aside from TSH. Some people feel fine with TSH between 3-4 and for others this may be not enough but I am not a medical professional but just wanted to point this out. I would ask endocrinologist about this. Are you on HRT? This can help with symptoms as well. Wishing you all the best and seek further medical help if need be. This is a difficult time for many women and you are not alone feeling like this at times. Things can get better again. AG

AG

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »

Should have maybe added to make things clearer: TSH > 4.2 (or 5 it used to be) is usually being monitored for potential hypothyroid function, if TSH < 1 then it can potentially be hyperthyroid (if T4, T3 are at high end of range). AG

Baby

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »

I think I am early meno. Only had standard tsh tested. Level was 2.5 when I had it tested from5.5. Am on my fourth try of HRT.

AG

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 06:19:02 PM »

Ok, TSH of 2.5 sounds pretty reasonable. I had TSH flaky over peri, could be anything from 3.5 to 5.5, not on thyroid meds (yet) but will get another test done. Menopause symptoms on their own can make one feel pretty bad from one day to the next and HRT can help with this. I noticed an immediate improvement from even a low dose of oestrogen but cannot tolerate progesterone unfortunately. Are you looking at continuous HRT (for post menopause), or still cyclical (oestrogen only for a few days, then both oestrogen plus progesterone for rest of the 28 or so days)? I hope you find a combination that works for you but it can take a bit of time. All the best, AG

Baby

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 09:27:39 PM »

At the moment  on a cyclical  regime  and am going to try this for three months with a view to trying continuous if no improvement.

AG

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 07:57:53 AM »

Was just wondering whether it may be worth doing a blood test to see how well you are absorbing the HRT (some people do absorb HRT that well when on patches for instance). All the best, AG

Donna-paul

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »

Hope ok to jump in on your post and ask if anyone can tell me if my thyroid blood results is ok my dr says yes. My Tsh 0.65 and ft4 is 11.8 I’ve noticed by past blood tests it’s going down and wondering if it’s why I have bad  aniexty since menopause.

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 09:34:36 PM »

Hi Donna-paul, your TSH is quite low but so is your FT4, which I would expect to be higher than that with a pretty low TSH.  Can I ask do you have a diagnosed thyroid condition, other endocrine disorder or another illness ongoing? 

To answer your other question, a low TSH when associated with an overactive thyroid can give rise to feelings of anxiety, but again I'd expect your FT4 to be towards top of ref range if you were becoming hyperthyroid.  Your TSH looks to be still within ref range (so not classed as abnormal) - did they give you the ref ranges for the lab that did your tests & did they test FT3?
Wx

Donna-paul

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »

No I don’t have diagnosed thyroid condition. I have m.e and chronic infection embedded in my bladder. The ranges tsh .35-3.50 ft4 7.5-21.1 they didn’t test ft3 or antibodies.

Wrensong

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »

Thanks for the info Donna-paul.  Reason for asking about other health conditions was that sometimes these can cause TFTs to look a bit odd, so might perhaps explain why you have both low TSH & lowish T4, which don't usually go hand in hand. 

Sorry to know you have both M.E. & a chronic bladder infection to cope with.  Are you on long term antibiotics for that?  I was in that situation many years ago & had nearly 9 months on low dose antibiotics which did eventually clear the infection, so everything crossed for you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:49:53 PM by Wrensong »

Donna-paul

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »

They think I’ve had this uti for 12+years then became chronic last year low dose antibiotics don’t work when it’s in embedded in the bladder. I’ve been on high dose for a year and still have it I’m under the only clinic in England so keeping everything🤞 I will get rid of it eventually a real battle. Then menopause on top what a joy.

Ollie Wombles

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear you're feeling crap. I'm on a similar roller coaster but have been reading through previous posts on the forum and am throwing everything at my symptoms :
1 blood test including thyroid - all ok
2 HRT from Studd clinic - feeling more normal on my good days
3 GP adjusted Antidepressants - worse so adjusted them back
4 Counselling started - so far ok
5 Vitamins D - very low again so supplement spray. Had this before when it dropped to 13 fatigue & low mood was awful
6 Started probiotics, magnesium, vit B complex, chromium, fish oil & Q10
9 Healthier diet & 30 mins exercise everyday
10 staged return to work (if I can concentrate)

Wrensong

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 07:34:22 PM »

Oh Donna 12+ years?  Poor you.  Mine was interstitial trigonitis with horribly uncomfortable retention.  Had 3 months standard dose antibiotics followed by nearly 6 months lower dose at night only but had to stop sooner than planned as they began to make me feel very sick.  Still did the trick, thankfully.  So I wish you luck with that.   :hug:

Baby

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 06:43:55 PM »

Well spoke to endocrinologist yesterday by telephone. No help at all. I asked about having my oestrogen levels checked. No need because I am on HRT he said. Asked about t3 being checked in thyroid. No need he said because my tsh was fine on levothyroxine. Maybe I am mad and I am making myself I'll on purpose. Just sick of being a nervous wreck and feeling like I am dying all the time. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2