Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Any help for migraine sufferers  (Read 1307 times)

Js

Any help for migraine sufferers
« on: August 27, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »

Hi ladies

I suffer from migraines and wondered if anyone has tried ginger tea as a preventative or during an attack I take a prescribed tablet for when I get them but have heard a bit about ginger and wondered if anyone has any advise .

Js

milly

Re: Any help for migraine sufferers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:29:51 PM »

I haven’t heard of ginger, but know it helps sickness so maybe that helps the nausea associated with migraine.
My neurologist suggested I tried riboflavin 400mg daily to prevent migraine auras, it’s vitamin B, I buy it from health shop but only in 100mg, I was supposed to have it on prescription but my surgery wouldn’t sanction it.
It does seem to have made a difference to the frequencies of my auras and migraine but took 3 months to see a difference

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »

OOOOHHHH.  how awful. 

:hug:

Js

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 02:37:03 PM »

Hi milly

Yes I was advised from my head ache doctor about vitaminB2 riboflavin 400 mg which  I started but didn’t feel right taking it stomach issues so I have left it off maybe I should have given it longer but I don’t like taking tablets at best of times that’s why I though I would try something else I have tried so. Many different preventatives I am really coming to the end of what I can try but thanks for help
Js

milly

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »

Js,

I was sceptical but the neurologist was so nice I felt I had to give it a go!

It does turn your urine fluorescent yellow, but not had any stomach issues...and I have an ileostomy, which believe me would react if there was any cause too!!

I’m on a trial of 2 years with it, and neurologist said they are seeing positive outcomes.