Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No periods on monthly HRT  (Read 3801 times)

whippet21

• First Flush
No periods on monthly HRT
« on: August 20, 2020, 08:07:15 AM »

Hi ladies - I wondered if I could draw on your experiences. I've been on HRT since April - Estrogel (2 pumps) and 14 days of Utrogestan. I've had some headaches towards the end of each cycle but apart from that fine. However. I have not had any bleeding for the last two cycles, despite bad PMT & some cramping. I am peri-menopausal and had fairly regular periods before, sometimes skipping a month but have suffered for years with low-mood and anxiety which we think was peri-related.  I am now at the point where I am desparate for a bleed so that it takes away the low mood that I get with each cycle leading up to my period. Does this lack of bleeding suggest that the dose of my estrogel might need to be increased, or do some women just not bleed and that's ok? My GP is between surgeries at the moment so I can't register to see her until Sept so wanted to ask here. Thanks so much, Emma

Jackofall

• First Flush
Re: No periods on monthly HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 10:38:09 AM »

Hi there,  I know this was posted last year but I wondered if you had had any further developments with the cyclical HRT, Utrogestan and no periods?  I hope you are doing ok?  I am fairly new here and peri, although had been missing several months periods at a time prior to starting HRT (Sandrena and Utrogestan).  I'm 4 months in and two months ago only had very slight spotting about 3 days after Utrogestan and than last cycle, felts awful for nearly a week after stopping Utrogestan and felt like I wasn't going to have one, but then did finally have a bleed.  I am really interested to learn what your doctor said and hope that you have things sorted and are doing well  :) Thanks and good luck

Sez

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »

Hi I’m also started hrt patch’s and coming upto a year in April it will be I’ve had no periods at all a year on the patch nearly and a year before went on the patch , I’m now experiencing really low moods not coping with what I’m going through I’ve started low moods , not sleeping again .
I do also take antidepressants which just started a month ago .

Libherbie70

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 03:41:55 PM »

I have just started oestrogen also and utrogestan for 12 days in the month but because I never had a period either my doctor has put me utrogestan  one every night, because my periods were very hit-and-miss before... Maybe you should suggest this to your doctor? Good luck it's a complete learning curve 😕