Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Accidentally applied gel to broken area of skin  (Read 676 times)

Dandelion

Accidentally applied gel to broken area of skin
« on: August 14, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »

Hi
I accidentally applied gel to broken area of skin - I only realised about 20 mins later, rinsed the broken area with cold water, is this a problem?
If so, how?
Thanks

Taz2

Re: Accidentally applied gel to broken area of skin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »

Hi Dandelion. This happened to you in May too and the advice then was that it wasn't really clear as to why it's not advisable to apply it to broken skin but I'm sure it means not to do that regularly rather than just accidentally as a one-off. Broken skin may allow the gel to absorb more quickly plus it might sting.

Try not to worry.

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 10:37:46 PM »

Hi Dandelion. This happened to you in May too and the advice then was that it wasn't really clear as to why it's not advisable to apply it to broken skin but I'm sure it means not to do that regularly rather than just accidentally as a one-off. Broken skin may allow the gel to absorb more quickly plus it might sting.

Try not to worry.

Taz x
Thanks Taz, I do feel reassured about your post. Sting very minimal, that was the thing that Brough it to my attention, much appreciated 💓

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »

It's ok. I remembered that it had happened before and did a post search to hopefully reassure you.

Taz x :)