News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lipoma  (Read 1870 times)

Donnadoobie

Lipoma
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »

has anyone had any experience of this?

My daughter bought me a neck, shoulder and back massage for my birthday, in a voucher, as she knew how stressed I had been.

I went for a massage yesterday and afterwards, the woman told me that I had a ‘mobile fatty lump’ around my shoulder blade.  I could actually feel it as she massaged that area.   She said that lots of people have them but it is best to get it checked out. 

I have health anxiety. Any benefit from the massage was gone in that 2 minute conversation. I have not told my daughter.

I have filled in a form from the surgery, which is how they triage appointments now so will wait for them to contact me.  I feel a bit worried but think deep down this is nothing. 

Just wondered if anyone else has heard of or had experience of this?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lipoma/

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lipoma
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:22:27 PM »

Yep.  Get it looked at for confirmation.  The therapist is most likely trained to look for anomalies. 

C.C.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 10:44:58 PM »

I've had something similar removed from my arm awhile back.  The doctor called it a dermatofibroma, just a firm lesion that is benign and grows just because it can.  Oddly enough, I have recently sprouted another on my right thigh and am having that one removed in just over a week. A lipoma is fatty and benign, and can be removed by your doctor. :)  Good idea to get it checked, for peace of mind. :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:51:43 PM by C.C. »

marge

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 06:12:22 AM »

I've got one below my right shoulder. Had it 30 years, no probs. Painless and rubbery.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 10:20:03 AM »

got an appointment at 12:15 today

C.C.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 12:01:34 PM »

Great!  Let us know how it goes  :)

Donnadoobie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 05:52:09 PM »

Saw the Nurse practitioner.  He was lovely and said that it felt like a classic Lipoma.  He said he had three in his arms.

He put a cross on my back, so my husband knows where it is and  can keep an eye on whether it changes in any way.

feeling relieved.

C.C.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 12:56:34 PM »

That's great!  Glad it worked out ok  :)