Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding month after hysteroscopy. Or coincidence and caused by Tibilone?  (Read 2163 times)

Kikie

Can anyone reassure me if light bleeding a month after having a polyp removed and biopsy done can possibly be normal and will heal by itself?  It was done supposed with a local anaesthetic and hurt like hell (practitioner kept telling me off telling me it wasnt helping her to do her job).  I was told it would be two weeks to heal but not given any instructions as to any particular caution. I had virtually no bleeding after the procedure, then a bit of spotting within the two weeks.  Then I thought it had healed. Then a bit more spotting, with light cramping. Then nothing until the last few days and now I have actual light bleeding and clots. With a couple of sharp stabs.  I have requested a call from my GP but I'm doing my usual research for issues as much as I can, trying to find out if it could be ok. I'm terrifed of going back to the butcher!

The other thing I thought of was, could Tibilone be causing me to have periods again? I've been on it for 2.5 years constantly, am 64 and havent had periods for over 10 years.

One final note, I had Covid back in April, a comparatively mild version, and I have heard lots of women saying it mucked up their periods.

suzysunday

Hi kikie not sure about bleeding after a month but it doesn't sound right.  Are you still taking tibolone?  I took it for 18 months and it caused bleeding from thickening of womb lining.  I was about 59.  The bleeding stopped as soon as I stopped the tibolone and I never took it again. I am furious about your patronising doc telling you off.  I had my biopsy under general anesthetic and you have a right to one if you want.  I hope you get some help off your gp. 

Kikie

Thanks Suzy.  Unfortunately I dont get on with any other oestrogen type of hrt. :-( It gives me bad oedema.

Louellie

• First Flush

Hi kikie
I posted here earlier about this. I had a hysteroscopy june19th and bled lightly for a couple of days - I had a small polyp removed and slight thickening of lining but all results came back ok.. Then about 5 wks later i started bleeding again and it got heavier including flooding and slight clots this wk. Doc said could be infection after hysteroscopy and I'm currently on strong antibiotics for a wk. Doc said to see how I go and may need to back to gynae if bleeding hasn't stopped. Not sure if this has been mentioned to you by anyone.

7dwarfs

Had my hysteroscopy on Wednesday and was advised any pain that doesn’t go away with usual medication, smelly discharge, unusual or heavy bleeding can all be signs of infection so that could be the cause. As others have said I’m disgusted at your treatment during the procedure. I also had a local anaesthetic and although it was uncomfortable I got through it very quickly . I was asked throughout if I was ok as they said they could stop at any point if the pain becomes too much and they made me feel safe.
I’d be tempted to put in a complaint about the person who did this but I’m sure your priority now is to get the bleeding sorted x good luck with everything

MrsT

• First Flush

Hi I had my third hysteroscopy on Fri due to continued bleeding. They put in a Mirena but the consultant said in recovery that my lining had doubled to 14 mm and I might need a total hysterectomy. Now I’m really worried. My initial bleeding about 18 months ago was lots of polyps that were removed and I was diagnosed with simple hyperplasia. My second op  last January showed it was stable and I’ve been ok till June when I had a big bleed after sex and then continuous. I’ve been on Norethisterone till now and have been told to stay on it with the Mirena whilst I get the biopsy results hopefully end of this week. I’m really worried as I get lower left pain a lot and had all this investigated a few years ago but was told I might have a small fibroid and to leave it unless it got worse. I keep thinking it might have now become cancerous but I can’t understand how since my last clear hysteroscopy. I’ll keep you posted