Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does this sound like a kidney infection?  (Read 3766 times)

warwick01

Re: Does this sound like a kidney infection?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »

Hi Kathleen

Yes I have been following your journey. At least you managed to stop HRT, with me I am amess if I go any lower than 2 pumps (not that 2 pumps is great) but I do long cycle 6 weeks and don't want that to change. The anxiety is worse now post menopause and pray this improves. Just going in shops each morning Im sweating, clammy and very anxious. Because of feeling like this hate going out these days. Also like you I am on Leveroxine but that seems ok. The infection appears better ;)

Take care  Wxx

Kathleen

Re: Does this sound like a kidney infection?
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »

Hello again warwick

Yep, we seem to be very similar, annoying isn't it lol.

The only good thing about not being on HRT at the moment is that I don't have to worry about progesterone intolerance. As I say I rather foolishly hoped my hormones would settle naturally and I would feel better by now.

I take 75mcg of Levothyroxine daily and since diagnosis last  December  my  blood work has been fine and antibody levels have declined to near normal.  Ideally I'd like to discuss a possible change in dosage with my GP but that may not be possible. I am due another blood test soon so if I discover anything interesting I will post about it as many of us have here Thyroid issues.

I completely sympathise with you about going out when you feel wobbly.  Several times I have almost cried in the supermarket for no reason I can think of.  One time it came over me when I was looking for the yoghurts and another time I bumped into a friend who just said 'how are you?' and that set me off. I find the mood/anxiety side of the menopause absolutely exhausting and very inhibiting.

During my 'journey' I have had many other symptoms that have now gone, daily headaches for example and palpitations so I hope that these emotional symptoms will fade before too long. Otherwise I have told my husband I may have to turn to drink!

I'm pleased to see that your infection appears better and hopefully that issue will resolve soon.

Wishing you well.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]