Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worried about my daughter  (Read 4085 times)

Jeepers

Re: Worried about my daughter
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 10:35:13 AM »

Hi

Thought I’d update this. Eldest had her scan today, and was told they couldn’t see anything wrong, and to her she needs to back to her gp.

Whilst she is relieved they didn’t find anything in her womb, tubes or ovaries, she is still really scared she has cervical cancer, as that would not show up on a scan.

As I previously mentioned, she had her first cervical screening at the beginning of this year, and she tested positive for HPV. They told her she would be recalled after a year. She is worried they may have missed something (I can so relate to that).

Hopefully she’ll get an appointment next week

ThAnks again everyone

Jeepers xx

sheila99

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 12:37:48 PM »

When I had pre-cancerous cells in my 30s the symptoms were different. I had bright red spotting between periods, I'd get it for a few days then nothing for weeks. Obviously I'm not an expert but it doesn't sound like cervical cancer to me.

Jeepers

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »

Thanks Sheila, that’s made me feel a bit better about it

Jeepers xx

marge

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 05:32:59 PM »

My daughter had a routine smear test and was immediately called back for laser treatment as the cells were so bad. Sorry,  l can't remember all the technical terms. She'd had no symptoms. After 6 months another smear test which was ok and they'd see her again in 3 years. But, anxious mother that l am, l'm paying for her to have private smears in the 2 intervening years. I thought 3 years was too long to leave it.

Lyncola

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »

Hi Jeepers,

Sending you and your daughter love and prayers. I hope she get some answers soon and it’s nothing serious.

💜 Lyncola

Blot

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 09:34:21 PM »

How’s things with your daughter Jeepers? Any further forward?

dahliagirl

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2020, 11:28:36 PM »

As others have said, continuous bleeding on progestogen only long term contraception is very common.  Also ovarian cysts are more common.

HPV is also most common in this age group.  It needs to be a persistent infection, then cause cell changes (which do not necessarily become cancer) for any treatment to take place.  Most often, it reverts by itself.

It is very worrying to go through.  :foryou:  Hopefully, it will all turn out alright soon.

Jeepers

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 08:31:27 PM »

Hi

Thanks for your responses, it really does help.

So, the hospital told her she really needed to go back to the go, and not to let it slide. So daughter went back and is supposed to be being referrred.  We talked about it and decided to invoke her private health insurance,

Provider now saying that they need medical history to prove that it is not a pre existing condition. I hope that won’t take long.

Dahiliagirl, I do wonder what the point of the hpv vaccine was. My daughter was in the first year to get it, so it obviously doesn’t work that well

Jeepers xx

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »

Dahiliagirl, I do wonder what the point of the hpv vaccine was. My daughter was in the first year to get it, so it obviously doesn’t work that well

Jeepers xx

Sorry to hear about your daughter Jeepers and I hope she is doing ok. Just want to say that the HPV vaccine protects against the four most common types but there are over forty types which affect the genitals so maybe she was unlucky in picking up one of the uncommon ones.

Taz x  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2]