Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Dizziness/weird head feeling  (Read 1514 times)

Blot

Dizziness/weird head feeling
« on: August 04, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »

Hi ladies. Just want some advice and reassurance to stop me going off the deep end.

Yesterday I woke up and went to the bathroom and felt unsteady but just thought I’d got up too quickly so went back to bed.
Then when it was time to get up, same thing happened. My head is not spinning all the time  but I feel as if I’m walking on a boat or on sponges and my head feels woozy. I’m fine when I am still but it starts when I move around.
Worse going up and down stairs for some reason.
I didn’t go to work yesterday as I couldn’t cope with the dizziness and having to wear a mask all day so just lay in bed.

Questions, what do I do?  Someone mentioned in an earlier post about taking sturgeron, which I did yesterday but not sure if it helped because I hardly moved all day.
Do I just wait it out? Ring doctor? Keep on with the sturgeron?

Anybody had similar?

Kathleen

Re: Dizziness/weird head feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 09:30:05 AM »

Hello Blot.

You may have Labyrinthitis which is an inflammation of the inner ear caused by a virus (don't worry not THAT  virus lol). A lot of us have had this and it does resolve. When I had it I felt as if I was on board a ship.

I suggest you ring your GP for advice as there may be some medication you can take. When I had Labyrinthitis I was told to keep moving as it trains the brain to ignore the odd messages it is getting from the ear. I didn't have any treatment and it lasted about a week  I think.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

Blot

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 12:54:04 PM »

Thank you Kathleen.
I feel like I’m walking around on a bouncy castle. It’s not a nice feeling at all.

I’ve got a telephone appointment with doctor tomorrow.  Shall wait and see but I’m trying to get on with a few things today at home and trying not to stress about it.

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »

Hi Bolt,
I agree with Kathleen, I had this last year and saw my doctor. The poor thing had it too, she told me I was her third patient this week and this virus usually happened in clusters. Mine improved after a week too.

Like you I was fine when I was still, mine was worse when I had my had bent down like prepping dinner or brushing teeth. And when I walk it was like I was on a rocky boat.

Hope you feel better soon
Lyncola

Blot

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »

Thanks Lyncola.
Did you take anything for it? I’ve been taking travel sickness tablets. Felt a bit better yesterday so decided not to take anything today and feel worse. My head feels so weird so I’m going to take the tablets again.

Spoke to doctor yesterday and she says it’s self limiting so basically will go when it wants to. My daughter had it a few years ago, although a lot worse than me, and was in bed for two weeks and wasn’t right for quite a while. It’s horrible and I’m the worst patient in the world :(

kazy68

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

Hi blot
I have felt like this for the past few days, not a nice feeling at all, same as you fine when I'm still its when I'm moving, like lyncola said, worse when bending, preping food, head down, I also have a bit of ear ache, hopefully it will pass in a few days, can be very debilitating at times.
Hope yo feel better soon.

Karen x

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 08:31:03 AM »

No, didn’t take anything. And my doctor didn’t recommend anything, there’s really nothing you can do, it will get better.

My doctor said only one of her patients had to go to hospital. But that was because she was old had it really bad, and had taken a fall because of it. So she was but in hospital.

Hope you feel better soon