Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Worried about ovarian cancer  (Read 6292 times)

woohycn

Re: Worried about ovarian cancer
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »

It becomes a vicious cycle, worry/anxiety feeds digestive issues and they exacerbate the worry/anxiety.  That's how it goes for me.  I can guarantee if I'm stressed about something the first place it hits is my stomach and bowel.  It can then take ages to calm down because I start panicking that it's something more serious. 

My heartburn just started again ugh.

It might be happening because of stress because i’ve just been crying and my anxiety has been bad this past week because i’m so worried about having ovarian cancer. I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.

woohycn

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2020, 08:48:07 PM »

I think it's likely your anxiety is feeding your digestive issues and causing the bloating and heartburn and then they're making you stressed and anxious and so it goes on.  Have you tried downloading a mindfulness/relaxation app such as Calm or Headspace.  If you're struggling to eat try eating little and often, it's easier for your system to cope with small amounts rather than three big meals.

Yeah, it might be.

I haven’t but i’ll download some now:)

I’m fine with eating, i haven’t lost my appetite or anything and i just checked my weight and i’m 56.4kg (i’m usually 57kg after eating but i’ve lost some weight for some reason) so i gained the weight back again. I’m going to check tomorrow morning again and see if i drop to 55.2kg again. I might’ve dropped to that because i didn’t drink anything and peed like 3 times and all my bloating had gone down.

Thanks for all the help though, i feel a bit better now and i’ll let you guys know what happens when i call my gp on monday as well :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2020, 09:51:04 PM »

Now I'm confused.

If you have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer you are unlikely to have been left for another 4 months.  Treatment would have been immediate as time is important.  Do read the ovacome website and ask the questions where they deal with ladies going through diagnosis and treatment daily. 

Weight can alter when one opens one's bowels ;-)

woohycn

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2020, 09:55:58 PM »

Now I'm confused.

If you have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer you are unlikely to have been left for another 4 months.  Treatment would have been immediate as time is important.  Do read the ovacome website and ask the questions where they deal with ladies going through diagnosis and treatment daily. 

Weight can alter when one opens one's bowels ;-)

Noo i wasn’t diagnosed with ovarian cancer, i was diagnosed with premature ovarian insufficiency.

I’ve been bloating really bad and having heartburn for the past week so i googled it and ovarian cancer came up, and i have most of the symptoms.

I woke up today and had randomly lost 1kg and weight loss is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well so i’ve just been really worried.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 09:56:45 PM »

1kg is nowt ;-)

Have you looked at the web-site?  Make notes .........

woohycn

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 10:49:53 PM »

1kg is nowt ;-)

Have you looked at the web-site?  Make notes .........

I just checked it and i don’t have a lot of the symptoms mentioned on there but i have most of the symptoms listed on the nhs site so which one is accurate??

One of the symptoms is vaginal bleeding on the ovacome site and i’ve been having some bleeding now but i think that’s because of starting hrt 3 months ago so could that be a symptom of it or just because of hrt?

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 07:53:03 AM »

Ovacome deal with this every day.  You 'don't have a lot of the symptoms' .......... mayB send them an e-mail ?

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »

I would think your bleeding is due to starting the conti HRT as we chatted about before? I always had bloating with progesterone so please don't worry too much. What support do you have from family and friends with your POI diagnosis?

Taz X

woohycn

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 12:39:05 AM »

I would think your bleeding is due to starting the conti HRT as we chatted about before? I always had bloating with progesterone so please don't worry too much. What support do you have from family and friends with your POI diagnosis?

Taz X

I’ve been having other symptoms too which is why i’ve been worrying. I don’t think i really have that much support. I’m fine though, i don’t care about the fertility side since i’ve never wanted kids but everything else is just annoying.

woohycn

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

I just called my gp about my appointment being forgotten at the hospital and they said it has nothing to do with them and that i should get in touch with the hospital. I just tried calling the hospital and they’re not answering and the wait time could be hours so i guess i’m not getting that bone scan and other blood tests ugh.

woohycn

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »

My gp isn’t doing the CA125 blood test either because apparently it’s too expensive and they don’t want to do it if they don’t suspect i have it. I’m so annoyed ugh.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »

Send the dept an e-mail?  If your GP doesn't suspect cancer then contact the ovacome web-site for advice?

woohycn

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »

I think i might just contact the ovacome web-site. My gp is literally useless.

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2020, 08:48:45 PM »

What symptoms do you have that make you suspect ovarian cancer?

Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »

feeling bloated all the time, swollen tummy, persistent heartburn/indigestion, some random weight loss and sometimes feeling tired. Just wanted to have the blood test to make sure i don’t have it but apparently it’s too expensive for them to do it so i guess that’s not happening. They just prescribed me antacids when i’ve already been taking them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4