Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dry eyes  (Read 1365 times)

Lalb1

Dry eyes
« on: July 30, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »

Hi,
Seems another crazy symptom, for the last week or so my eyes have been itchy and dry. I suffer from hayfever and my eyes are mostly ok with the odd watery bits. But this is new.
It feels like the very corner of my eye near my nose is the worst part, it's worse on my left eye. It feels like that little bit in the corner feels swollen, but it doesn't look it. I feel like my eyes feel pressured but they aren't red or anyrhing sticky or gooey. I'm getting headachey from it as its making my eyes ache. I have noticed I don't have watery eyes recently.
I've read that this can be dry eyes yet another perimenopause symptom. When I've looked back at my symptom tracker it seems my eyes get worse mid cycle and before a period. I'd been on back to back birth control so don't know if that's caused the change.
Just wondering what everyone else here does or uses to help?
I already take fexofenadine. I've tried optrex itchy eye drops, I've tried otrivine drops, I'm using warm and cold compresses and washing eyes carefully, no make up. Hope someone can help, didn't want to go to the doctors as I've been shielding and still unsure of if they would allow me.

Dierdre

Re: Dry eyes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »

I get dry eyes and use Viscotears drops. Its worse now with the pollen but the main thing that makes them sore and itchy is when ive been over doing it on the computer and my phone. Eye strain.

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »

I have been told I have dry eyes at the opticians and used the recommended drops, which helped a bit. Last time I went for an eye test, I was recommended a eye compress that you microwave for 30 seconds, then wear for 10 minutes, followed by massaging your eyes as per instructions before cleaning with lid wipes. You have to do this twice a day for a fortnight, then once a day until symptoms go then 2 or 3 times a week. This has really made a huge difference. Hope this helps. It’s an aging thing.

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »

Hi Lalb1,

A dry eye was one of my first menopausal symptom, like you right in the corner with my left eye. I saw a optometrist use different eye drops. Made no difference. It lasted for a year, and got better? Now I have no eye problems.

:bighug:
Lyncola