Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evening Primrose Oil  (Read 3307 times)

Julia45

Evening Primrose Oil
« on: July 07, 2020, 11:41:54 AM »

Morning everyone,

Due to the recent pandemic and then contracting Labyrinthitis (which I am sure was down to extreme stress)?.I don't know if my anxiety is hormonal (peri-related), stress related or a mix. The lab dizziness and nausea has now subsided but I still have the tinnitus (which I have always had very mildly and has never bothered me - but this is louder and I'm sure related to stress also).  Anyway, the Dr prescribed me Sertraline which I am reluctant to take - a friend - who is also peri-anxious - recommended Evening Primrose Oil by Ephamol and said it made her feel much calmer. I've heard this before and just wondered if any of you lovely lot have tried it?
I am usually the in-love-with-life type and have nothing in my life to complain of (apart from my hubby doing my head in). I want to try the herbal route before the medical route. What do you think?

Julia     

Sparrow

Re: Evening Primrose Oil
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »

I Julia,

It might well be of use to you.  Personally it didn't suit me but everyone's body chemistry is different.  Start slowly with a small dose and see how it goes.

Shadyglade

Julia45

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »

Thanks, Shadyglade?.the first 500mg has just been consumed! I don't suppose it can do me any harm. Great if it works!

Julia45

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 09:01:49 PM »

Thanks for your replies...will give the Passion flower a go then. I also have a packet of Kalms here to try.

JessicaHeim98

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »

Hi Julia,

I recently have been experiencing random, extremely uncomfortable menopausal symptoms and have visited https://www.pallmallmedical.co.uk/consultants/gynaecology to discuss steps to take to alleviate symptoms and feel more like me. So far, so good, talked about HRT, and herbal remedies, I have used passion flower in the past and it does work as a calming mechanism too.