Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Change of eating habits  (Read 3183 times)

Uptick

Re: Change of eating habits
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 03:14:03 PM »

Thanks. I haven't eaten anything different, lots of things have already been cut from diet due to bloating and diarrhoea. I've kept a food diary for many months, no rhyme or reason. It must be a change in my system. Maybe just ageing. I'm not panicking, yet.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »

That's good.   Michael Moseley's book about the gut is a good guide as it explains how different foods are processed.  Of course I can't remember the name of the book but it reassured me !

Uptick

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 03:19:55 PM »

Thanks, I'll have a look, I like him. I have already asked but no one has replied, does HRT help with digestive issues? I had many blood tests done before the pandemic and they were all OK, so it must be related to menopause or is it just ageing? I remember my mum had digestive issues but she had a hiatus hernia, I don't. She didn't use HRT.

Uptick

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »

Is it 'The Clever Guts Diet'?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2020, 03:24:17 PM »

That might well be it  ;D  :medal: have you read it?  I was interested in how long foods take to be digested and it reassured me.  I have very little knowledge of how my body works ............ until I begin to feel queasy!

Uptick

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »

No, not yet, it has been mentioned on another thread I've been reading just now.

Uptick

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »

Actually I'm reading another book on the same matter, I had to retrieve the title though, it's long and funny. It has been reprinted recently, I have the kindle version. It's called

"Intestinal Ills/chronic constipation, indigestion, autogenetic poisons, diarrhea, piles, etc, also auto-infection, anemia, emaciation, etc, due to proctitis and colitis" by Alcinous B. Jamison. First edition was 1915!!

I'm not joking, the book is very interesting.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »

HRT can help with various problems thrown our way during peri-menopause.  It is Trial and Error.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 12:18:09 PM »

I'm having problems  :'(.  Can't replace my energy so feel queasy = anorexic risks  :-\.  Need to eat more bananas but they have to be 'right', same with grapes for grazing ........ gone off nuts  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]