Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT tablets  (Read 626 times)

Doll 73

• First Flush
HRT tablets
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:51:19 PM »

Hi I'm new to this group. Just wanted some advice on whether anyone has taken progynova 1mg. Been prescribed them as I'm defo going through early menopause.  Had hysterectomy 6 years ago and got lots of symptoms.  Just wanted peoples opinions on hrt itself and that brand if anyone has taken them thanks x

Hurdity

Re: HRT tablets
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »

Hi Doll73

:welcomemm:

I presume you kept your ovaries if you had a hysterectomy and only now getting symptoms? How old are you now? The main thing is to try it and see. There are so mnay different types to choose from so that if that one doesn't suit you there are higher doses and different routes ( eg patch, gel, spray) to try. The good news is that it is usallly the progestogen part of the HRT that women have trouble with if they are going to, and as you no longer have a womb then you don't need to - unless you had the hysterectomy due to serious endometriosis - but the doc would have advised accordingly if this were the case.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Doll 73

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »

Hi yes kept my ovaries and I'm 47 now. Gonna try them this week as break up on Friday so any side effects wont matter as off work. The doctor prescribed me a hrt with just one hormone in which is for woman who have had hysterectomy xx thanks for your reply

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »

Hi Doll 73. Good advice from Hurdity.

Just wanted to add that if you type progynova into the search box - top left of the screen in the blue bar (well it's blue on my computer!) - it will bring up all of the posts which have mentioned it. You don't need to fill in all of the search boxes - just the "search for"  and click "check all" and it will bring up all of them.

Taz x  :welcomemm: