Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello- newbie here  (Read 676 times)

Missizz

• First Flush
Hello- newbie here
« on: July 12, 2020, 07:03:02 AM »

Hi everyone
I'm just new here but after an incident the other morning I need advice. I'm 45, and I think Iv been peri meni for about 4yrs. Sporadic infrequent periods sometimes only 1 in 2-3 months then a double light one, pmt, terrible sleep, loss of libido. I'm currently in a no period spell but my body is going thru the motions I think. My breast tenderness is off the scale, I was woken up the other morning with severe pelvic cramps- very sudden and sharp, and this crazy flush. Made my way to the bathroom and had to lay on the floor- stripped off my pyjamas that I had just put on, and thought I was dying! My whole body was like a furnace, and I was also still having this sharp severe cramp that panicked me. I didn't know whether I was going to be sick, or if it was the other end, or pass out. Lasted about 10 mins then thankfully passed. I went thru to see hubby and when I said it might've been a hot flush it was dismissed as possibly being a bug.
The inferno flush has only happened once before but I didn't have any of the other things that happened the other day.
Was it a hot flush? Omg, how can I get thru every day life if that ?incident? becomes more frequent or happens when I'm in public  :'(
Do I seek advice? I'm not sure I have enough symptoms yet to Be taken seriously. I had my bloods taken a while ago and they said I wasn't showing peri meni.
I don't have any close friends that I can chat to about this and my mum passed away 5yrs ago (she had a terrible menopause that lasted an eternity) (I also haven't had kids).
Ty

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello- newbie here
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »

Sounds like symptoms when I had periods.  Awful.   :hug:

A burst of hormones can cause a hot flush .......... 'a bug'  ::).   Sympathetic then.  Not?

Maybe keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress which you can chat about with your Practice Nurse .  If this is cyclic then take pain relief for a few days to ease any cramps.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:  [I didn't have kids either, by choice ;-) ]

Joaniepat

Re: Hello- newbie here
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:16:16 AM »

Hello Missizz, welcome to the forum.

Gosh, how awful. Yes, I would seek advice as blood tests aren't reliable during perimeno, your GP should go by symptoms.

JP x