Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Reassurance needed spotting perimenopause? Newbie  (Read 2852 times)

ELLIEBO

• First Flush
Reassurance needed spotting perimenopause? Newbie
« on: July 07, 2020, 11:17:35 PM »

Hi Everyone

I am a newbie here.

I am 49 years old, I have had no period for 11 months and then after a dog walk I discovered i was bleeding a little bit. This was 3 weeks ago.  I was so anxious and I paid for a private scan for the following week.  The bleeding or spotting last only a couple of days.  I had the scan and everything was fine the sonographer put me at ease and she spent a long time looking and being thorough. I received a letter from the consultant to say that everything was normal my lining was 3.8mm and no follow up needed i also had a hysterscopy about 4 years ago which was normal.

About 10 days I started bleeding again so I thought it was just a bit delayed before it was only heavy for two days and then was very light I then took my sanitary pad off and 4 days later it came back again but just spotting and I still am spotting still.

I have made a private appointment with the consultant for Friday but I am very anxious, I am so frightened in case something was missed. All my smears are all up to date and fine.  I just want to know if this could be perimenopause?  I lost my dad on new years eve last year and still struggling with the grief.

Is anyone else experiencing this or can tell me this is normal?
as I am going out of my mind with worry, and worried about the bleeding, I just want to feel normal for a change

Thank you Ellie xxxx

Cazikins

Re: Reassurance needed spotting perimenopause? Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »

Hi Ellie,
It does sound like perimenopause to me because of your age & the irregular/irratic bleeding. It is almost identical to me (I'm 62 now).
Try not to worry too much. Your recent hysteroscopy was clear so that's the main thing.
If I were you I'd make an appointment with my regular G.P. & talk it through first to see what they can suggest.
Would you consider HRT?
Like I say try not to worry, it does sound normal.

Cazikins x

Taz2

Re: Reassurance needed spotting perimenopause? Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 08:02:39 PM »

Hi EllieBo - as Cazikins says it sounds pretty usual for perimenopause which usually begins in your forties.

My periods were irregular for quite a few years and I got to nine months without a period twice before starting them again. You have had the scans which show everything is ok. You may find that you now go back to almost regular periods again. It's a nuisance a lot of us on here have experienced - thinking we are almost a year clear of periods only to find them beginning again.

I'm so sorry to learn about your dad and grief can do strange things to our bodies - stopping periods for quite a while sometimes. Do you have any other menopausal symptoms apart from the lack of periods?

Taz x  :welcomemm: