Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: evorel is there anyone  (Read 1974 times)

daisie

evorel is there anyone
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »

is there anyone whos had good experience on evorel hrt patch x

Sal1970

• First Flush
Re: evorel is there anyone
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:38:58 AM »

Hi there, the first couple of months I felt loads better - my brain fog and hot flushes cleared up at once - but then the third and into the fourth month I started getting an upset stomach, migraine aura (not too much of a headache but bad visual disturbances) and appalling PMT rage.  I've cut the evorel 50 in half from last week and things seem to be a bit better.  Not sure what to do when I come to the Conti / Sequi part of the cycle - if it's ok to cut them in half too....

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »

Daisie type evorel into the search box at the top of the forum to read others experiences. it's very popular and there's a reason for that as it's very good x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

I'm usually on Everol 100mg, never had a problem. Just wish it would be readily available! Having to use Elleste Solo 80 & cutting patches into 4's to get the 100mg!!

dynamodi

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »

Hi Daisie,

I agree with Perinowpost - I think the Evorel patches are great. I'll qualify that: for me, the Evorel Sequi patches are great. The Evorel Conti at 50mg dose made me quite aggressive. :o. I was switched to Evorel Sequi after supplies of Conti dried up, and I found that it actually was the better option for me, and I also started cutting my patches in half for a smaller dose.

I initially started HRT on Elleste Duet tablets 1mg then 2mg which I also liked but the 2mg made me quite intense. Upside was I got really interested in physics and astronomy. Lol. I switched to patches after a year or so as I was getting some gastric reflux with the tablets.

Over the last couple of weeks, I was put on Femoston 1/10 tablets due to Evorel Sequi supply drying up! ! :steamed:  I know Femoston is great for some people but not for me. Dreadful - anxiety through the roof and awful nightmares. I stopped taking them yesterday.

I rang round about 8 chemist's yesterday to see if any Evorel in stock. Last chemist - yes! They had Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti in separate boxes (same as patches in Evorel Sequi). I then had to beg (practically) my doctor to prescribe them for me which he did. Yay!

I much prefer patches to tablets and really like Evorel Sequi.

corianne

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »

YES!!  :)
Evorel Sequi was the first HRT I was prescribed and it was fantastic, it stopped my symptoms within weeks.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it since the shortages, and have tried 3 other HRT regimes so far since then, and none of them have been as good.  :-\

dynamodi

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »

Corianne - could you ring round lots of local pharmacies in your area to see if  they've got Evorel Sequi, Evorel 50 or Evorel Conti in stock? I couldn't get Evorel Sequi but managed to get Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti at a small independent pharmacy.

corianne

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »

Thanks Dynamodi - I've been prescribed Estrogel and Utrogestan, which I've only recently started using, so I am giving that a go first, in the hope it will work  :) - It's my 3rd change this year as I haven't tolerated some HRT well, so I  think asking for another change so soon might not be received very well  ;D
It's a struggle isn't it though I feel like women have to do so much of the work on their own and become their own experts where HRT and Menopause is concerned.. :(

Corianne - could you ring round lots of local pharmacies in your area to see if  they've got Evorel Sequi, Evorel 50 or Evorel Conti in stock? I couldn't get Evorel Sequi but managed to get Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti at a small independent pharmacy.

dynamodi

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 05:02:45 PM »

I know, Corianne. We do have to become experts and do a lot of the work on our own which is a terrible state of affairs when many of us are feeling all over the place, and have had our lives seriously derailed. It's appalling.

Good luck with the Estrogel and Utrogestan. When I first started reading up on all the different products, those were the ones I wanted to try. I went armed with printouts to my docs and he said 'haven't got that, haven't got that, you can have this or this.' When I asked if I could be referred to a local menopause clinic he said, 'no,no' and looked at me as if I'd lost the plot. Grrr! And he is actually quite a nice GP.

daisie

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 01:16:30 PM »

hi ,thanks for your replys iv tried the evore 50 patch for this past week .started to feel light headed like a migrain aura not done anything at moment for the anxiety or depression to be honest it makes me feel weired as well ill try it a bit longer and see from there if anything changes.cant take antidepressants tried most of them but get bad side effects been on amitriptyline for a long time i could stomach them but felt too much like a zombie most of the day so came off them im at a loose end at the moment not knowing what to take   

corianne

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »

Hi Daisie,
It can take a few weeks for you to get settled on the patches (or any HRT) so might be worth staying on it for a few weeks if you can as the side effects may get better.
If you still don't tolerate the 50 patch Evorel also do a 25mg patch (from memory) - but again with the shortages might not be easily available at the moment.. ::)
I think (but please check this) that you can also cut a 50 patch in half.
I find a lot of medications I can't tollerate as well now, so it really is trial and error, and left to us to work out most of the time, which is awful.. :-\
Stay on the HRT, but contact your GP if you aren't tolerating it as there are other options available, and you might just need to change the HRT method or dose.
Good Luck and let us know how you get on
xx

daisie

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 08:07:04 AM »

hi corianne thanks for your advice .i will give it longer to see if there any changes got my fingers crossed,i might cut the patch in half to see what happens xx

Sharon fegan

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 01:14:11 PM »

Hi I’ve been on them a month , up and down days really , anxiety is really bad , does any one else think I should keep going , how long till they work , although I have been having some up days , can any one advise please

KaraShannon

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 10:10:18 AM »

I'm on Evorel, I'm someone who usually reacts to any 'medicenes' I'm given, so I was pretty worried about trying it out, but was surprised that the only effects I felt were very gentle and positive ones.......within 20 mins of putting the patch on I felt this 'cool' feeling across my skin, a little chilly to start with until I got used to it.  I realised that I must have been glowing before even though I've never felt I've had hot flushes.

So I'm happy with it.  I've noticed a slightly rougher ride by month 3, but I'd introduced Vagifem, and while they say the effects are localised, and I'm sure in most cases they are, I wake with palpitations on the morning that I've had it (and only if I've had it, I know because I'm not using it and generally 'testing' every so often) and also seem to be a bit migrainy (not really awful though) after 12 hours of having used it.  But this is not the Evorel, it's the supplemental Vagifem that I took with it. 

Re Evorel, I find I feel so much better on the second half of the patches than the first month, but generally better on them than off.