Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Post Meno at 61.... return of symptoms WHY??  (Read 2801 times)

warwick01

Post Meno at 61.... return of symptoms WHY??
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »

Morning Ladies,

been using this forum for many years and to be honest I've had better advice than any Doctor,

It's 10 years I have lost due to struggling with meno symptoms, mainly due to vestibular migraines (dizzy most days) and emotional anxiety etc. Currently using 2 pumps of Oestrogel with 7 days northisterone on a long cycle. Been doing ok improvement in dizziness and confidence. Then 2 weeks ago wammm all symptoms started again.

Panic attacks
Anxiety
Crying
Pouring in sweat from mid morning
flush face/low mood usually afternoons
don't want to go out
Feeling of unease with butterflies in my stomach
feeling of dred/intrusive thoughts about losing control.

Can't take antidepressants and at 61 don't really want to up my HRT unless I need to. Any advice ladies ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Meno at 61.... return of symptoms WHY??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »

Morning!   Nature throws a curve ball?

:hug:

I think maybe get your thyroid function blood test checked? 

It may be a spike if you have your ovaries. 

Have you tried anti-anxiety medication - I have a pill to take if anxiety overwhelms me, it really works and is non addictive as I know I need 1 to settle the fear. 

Or Rescue Remedy mouth spray ? 

How is your diet over all, are you eating enough as low blood sugar can cause anxiety.

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 09:30:13 AM »

Thanks CLKD

Diet is ok a little increase in wine as self medication (only a glass or 2) I can't understand why this is happening. I do take Leveroxine for underactive thyroid. Will get a test but does feel like meno symptoms. also forgot to mention:

When I go to bed I get what feels like brain zaps in my head and feel like ants crawing on my skin ( 2 new symptoms}

Wx

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 09:45:56 AM »

Hi Warwick, good to see you posting again, though sorry you have reason to. 

If you have not changed anything that might affect the efficacy of your HRT, I think in your position I would contact a GP & explain you can think of no reason for the relapse in symptoms.  They might want to check bloods & I agree with CLKD, thyroid among them.  Also blood sugar instability as a possible cause springs to mind, as CLKD has suggested.  Lots of past threads on here discussing that if you need any pointers.

I will also send you a PM about your long cycle.  Hope that's OK  :)
Wx

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »

Warwick - our posts crossed!  Wine?  Ooh  :o - sorry to say it but I really find that's bad for flushing/sweats.  So wonder whether that's what's upsetting the apple cart for you?  I've reluctantly given up alcohol altogether - just can't tolerate it postmenopause.  Don't shoot the messenger though  ;D.

The crawling ants sensation sounds like what they term formication.  Another joy of menopause lots of women apparently get.  With me, the sensation is like freezer burn & often I get slight nausea at same time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:52:19 AM by Wrensong »

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

You haven't been given Oestrodose when you normally have Oestrogel, have you Warwick? Just a thought as some ladies have reported a return of symptoms when they have been given Oestrodose. Have a look at this thread:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,50575.0.html

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »

Hello Warwick.

Well, I could pretty much have written your post! 

I've had other symptoms in my time and they seem to have resolved except for the ones you've listed (apart from the fornication). I am 63, also ten years post meno and take Levothyroxine to treat an underactive Thyroid. Where we differ is that I haven't taken any HRT for a year but I do take an AD.

I am sorry that I can't help you and I apologise if my post has confused you. Perhaps  my experience confirms that your oestrogen is too low?  I think testing your thyroid is a good idea and worth pursuing.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 11:32:01 AM »

I can't drink.  It does strange things with my head ..............  apparently  :D

I get brain zaps due to anti-depressant medication.  Enough to go 'oh!' and it's gone. 

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 11:54:22 AM »

Kathleen - I think the typo gremlins have been at your  post  :o ;D

I've had other symptoms in my time and they seem to have resolved except for the ones you've listed (apart from the fornication)

I'm sure you know it's formication with an "m" - as in formic acid produced by ants!  I wasn't suggesting nookie's the cause of Warwick's symptoms!  ;D
Wx
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 12:12:58 PM by Wrensong »

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 12:02:08 PM »

I thought at the time that one needs to check the typing of that particular word  :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 12:13:12 PM »

;D

Likewise Prostate and organism  I once went to a presentation by a aromatherapist and she got the word 'organism' wrong through the entire thing, and no one batted an eyelid  :-X

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 01:24:09 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Wrensong - oh well spotted lol. Hopefully we've made Warwick smile!

Take care ladies.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 01:55:20 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Just what I need xx

Made appointment Thursday for thyroid blood test. Feeling very ill at ease every time I hear a noise my stomach flutters, feel very jittery. I have hair appointment tomorrow and scared of having a panic attack whilst out.

Thanks so much ladies xxx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

OH I put off making appts. in case ......... I can't make an appt. B4 9.30 as I need to have time to go to the loo, not too close to lunch or I feel queasy - get the picture  :-\

jules55

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 08:36:45 PM »

Hello Warwick...I

I too could have written your post, in fact I was thinking of writing a post when I saw yours. I am 61 in September, and 4 years post meno. The last 2 weeks, I've had lightheadedness, hot flushes, and feelings  of not getting  my breath, and it starts late morning and lasts until late evening and it's quite frightening when it happens. I'm a Foster Carer looking after a 2 yr old at the moment,and I'm worried I'm going to pass out. I've never had hrt and I'm not sure if this is meno  related or not . Seeing your posts ladies has made me think perhaps it's hormonal after all.xx
Pages: [1] 2